RIP Windows 7 - January 14th 2020

Nccstud

Daddy no likey
TCG Premium
Aug 20, 2012
Belvidere
After our network was hacked and we had to rebuild everything....my boss was very confused why we had so many "bad" computers now.

How do you explain that they computers are so old they can't run windows 10 to someone that doesn't get it? Lol.

It was like 65% of our computers that we had to ditch and replace

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

If you’re paranoid, like me, you can check that the installation is running by pulling up Task Manager and making sure that the “Windows10UpgraderApp.exe” application is running. (You should see it early on in the process.) Otherwise, go do something else. Your system will automatically restart when it needs to, and the Windows 10 installation will fire off without any additional input from you.

I'm at this part, how long does this take?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
giphy.gif

If you’re paranoid, like me, you can check that the installation is running by pulling up Task Manager and making sure that the “Windows10UpgraderApp.exe” application is running. (You should see it early on in the process.) Otherwise, go do something else. Your system will automatically restart when it needs to, and the Windows 10 installation will fire off without any additional input from you.

I'm at this part, how long does this take?
could be awhile depending on disk size and file types.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
WELP. Since tomorrow is the big day, I held out as long as I could. Followed this guide to do the upgrade.

It was quite literally set it and forget it, and on the surface everything appears to have gone smoothly. Everything is just the way it was before the upgrade, except w/ a new W10 glossy finish. I'll have to mess with it this week and find out what still works and what doesnt. Right now I'm taking anything more than a massive system failure as a win. :LOL:

yeah, all done, sweet.

thanks for this link. i just need to set the powerscript thing back.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
It's amazing the amount of shitty laptops/desktops we have because the previous admins decided to cheap out on everyone and get people i3s with 2-4GB of RAM.

We're about ~60% moved over to Win10. Every time I upgrade someone, I ditch their shitty HDD and put in a fresh SSD with Win10 on it. No fucking way am I doing the W7 > W10 upgrade procedure on corporate computers. I'll spend 3 times the amount of time trying to unfuck everything that didn't go correctly versus just pulling the old drive and giving a fresh install.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
WELP. Since tomorrow is the big day, I held out as long as I could. Followed this guide to do the upgrade.

It was quite literally set it and forget it, and on the surface everything appears to have gone smoothly. Everything is just the way it was before the upgrade, except w/ a new W10 glossy finish. I'll have to mess with it this week and find out what still works and what doesnt. Right now I'm taking anything more than a massive system failure as a win. :LOL:
this is totally 1000% legit everyone thinks right?

after i got done, i was just dicking around with my puter and found these randomfuck photos in this randomfuck folder... and they are all from around when i did the "upgrade"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info