1668807031961.png

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Capitalism.

And they have a monopoly on it. Is it right? No. It should be burned down but it’ll create a power vacuum. Someone else will just do what they do. Need something in place to prevent the fees, bots, “dynamic pricing”, and other crap.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I think the problem is a lot of venues either don’t want to deal with the ticketing, or it would be a clusterfuck. I miss back in the day when Ticketmaster was in stores. My aunt worked at Carson’s and would pull tickets for us before the first person who pulled in the lottery walked in.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I think the problem is a lot of venues either don’t want to deal with the ticketing, or it would be a clusterfuck. I miss back in the day when Ticketmaster was in stores. My aunt worked at Carson’s and would pull tickets for us before the first person who pulled in the lottery walked in.
Literally the same thing happens now, except it’s the resellers getting that under the counter deal

Reactions: guspech750 and DanJ

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Literally the same thing happens now, except it’s the resellers getting that under the counter deal

Even back then there were times we weren’t getting as good of seats as you’d think. I’m guessing there were stores elsewhere with multiple people pulling large amounts of tickets for resellers. We couldn’t cheat anymore than we were.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Wife had a presale code for the Taylor Swift tickets. She was in and would find tickets, go to check out and sold. Happened multiple times.

She did a little digging and guessing and “guessed” the CEO of Ticketmasters email address and sent them an email (not Karen style, but more professional sounding as she’s in upper management at her work and knows how to speak C Suite. To her surprise, she got a response and low and behold we now have tickets at will call. We had to pay for them still, but at least we have them.

So kids first concert will be Taylor Swift at Soldier Field next summer.

• Wow
Reactions: Jon01
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info