RIP Jose Fernandez

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Chilling and sad, 32' boat at full speed against that jetty is a no win situation.

tmz showing video of the bodies being carried away

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
3 A.M., I think. Probably drinking. I can't imagine driving a boat full speed at night that close to shore. You can't see anything out on the water.

R.I.P.

P40E

Reaction score

You can't even see birds resting on the water at night . Lots of birds do this in groups at night on big lakes .

I've tried cruising at only 35 mph at night and the feeling is a bit scary not being able to see anything in just moonlight. It is definitely a rush though.

From what I've read is that he died from the impact . And I believe they weren't drinking.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I wonder why more boats don't have spotlights?
many boats do have spotlights. but they do not have headlights. it's dangerous. when it's that dark out and you pull out a light or get shined with one, it destroys your night vision. Even the backlights from guages can be enough to mess it up.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
it's something meant to be used at low speed or while stopped to look for hazards, not be a WOT cruise in the dark headlight.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
they claimed to have ruled out drugs and alcohol, i would think its a bit early to rule that out without toxicology, although i'm sure nobody knows who was behind the wheel.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
inexperience and it being night time is plenty to get into a tough situation. I've gotten lost in the dark and nearly hit a break wall in some fog going idle speed. it happens very quickly.

PANDA

Reaction score
wonder how it rolled.

Ocean tides kinda scare me. One hour can be open water, another an island.

RIP

ChiLAX

Reaction score

A guy who genuinely loved life and the game. Just announced a few days ago that he was expecting his first child. He was probably set to win a few Cy Young's in the coming years, too.

P40E

Reaction score

Wondering if they ran straight into them trying to enter , or if they hit the rocks on the side from running parallel to the shore.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom