RIP Holden (officially now)

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I don't know, that big ass gold bowtie looked awful on the SS. I'd rather have a black one or flowtie.... I didn't really like the holden badge on the SS but I thought the holdenized GTOs looked a lot better than OE.

The pontiac thingy is an arrowhead, and is also better than the gold bowtie.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Never understood why. The Holden badges are ugly! Id rather have a bowtie or whatever you call that Pontiac thingy...

I agree, I own a Pontiac (or a Chevy if I owned an SS), and I like the Pontiac arrowhead/dart or a bowtie.

I will say though, that at least for the GTO, I like the front body work and fog light treatment better on the Monaro and then on the interior there were some trim pieces and of course the Monaro came with a digital HVAC unit that none of us got. I would've loved to convert that but it is a completely different setup/system. Otherwise I like it the way it is.

Reactions: Smokinhot

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
I agree, I own a Pontiac (or a Chevy if I owned an SS), and I like the Pontiac arrowhead/dart or a bowtie.

I will say though, that at least for the GTO, I like the front body work and fog light treatment better on the Monaro and then on the interior there were some trim pieces and of course the Monaro came with a digital HVAC unit that none of us got. I would've loved to convert that but it is a completely different setup/system. Otherwise I like it the way it is.
I actually favor the GTO front and rear bumpers compared to the Holden parts.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Expect a lot of changes for GM in the coming year. Did anybody notice that Opel is no longer owned by GM? Hence, no more Buick cars and a complete axing of Holden. GM announced last year that 2020 was going to be a year for downsizing in order to reorganize and focus on building better cars for their bigger markets. Some more sad things might happen, but it will be for the greater good of their products in the long run.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Good! Can the GM retards that slap Holden badges all over their GTO and Chevy SS cars stop that now?

BriskMedicalHeterodontosaurus-size_restricted.gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info