Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
We hardly knew you.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/wonder-woman-killed-dceu-100048696.html

It’s official, the DCEU is dead, with Warner Bros’ chief Kevin Tsujihara confirming the studio has moved away from the idea of a connected universe for its DC superhero properties – otherwise known as the DC Extended Universe.

“The universe isn’t as connected as we thought it was going to be five years ago,” Tsujihara told The LA Times. “You’re seeing much more focus on individual experiences around individual characters. That’s not to say we won’t at some point come back to that notion of a more connected universe. But it feels like that’s the right strategy for us right now.”

And who’s responsible for the death of the interconnected DCEU? Wonder Woman.

“What Patty Jenkins did on Wonder Woman illustrated to us what you could do with these characters who are not Batman and Superman. Obviously, we want to get those two in the right place, and we want strong movies around Batman and Superman. But Aquaman is a perfect example of what we can do. They’re each unique and the tone’s different in each movie.”

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
thread just needs this, i feel compelled

ww1984.jpg

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
I think we can all agree that DC is inferior to Marvel when it comes to live-action superhero movies.

Still, I'd rather watch a bad superhero movie than some of the stuff in theatres these days. A Madea Family Funeral, Fighting with My Family, Isn't It Romantic, What Men Want, How to Train Your Dragon part X, Run the Race, A Dog's Way Home, etc...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
The how to Train Your Dragon series is just a fun set of movies. I enjoyed it as much as my nephew did.

As for DC? They need to learn from marvel. You do not build a universe on the back of 1 or 2 movies.

Marvel took its sweet time it took 5 movies before they even got to the Avengers.

They sprinkled each movie with something small that added to the whole universe.

It took 10 years and 18 movies to get Infinity War. It’s a massive undertaking. DC also doesn’t have a Kevin Feige at the helm ensuring each movie stays on course.

The only failure Marvel has really had is tying in the TV shows into the whole. Agents of Shield is mostly orphaned at this point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info