📸 Photography Rico's Automotive Photos

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
I decided to make a dedicated thread here to share my automotive photography with you guys and gals.

What started as a hobby at the beginning of the pandemic when I got my F80 M3 has really turned into a fun passion. It's been a blast getting to know people in the car community and really establish some great friends and support network for stuff on my own car. I still have yet to meet someone who didn't want a photo of their car :LOL:

I'm trying to level up my photography skills so constructive criticism is always welcome. I'm working with my graphic design buddy to design a logo for my last name.

Current gear - Canon EOS RP and I primarily use my 85mm F2 and 50mm 1.8 prime lenses. I plan on getting some telephotos and macro lenses soon to add to the tool box. I edit all my photos in the program Affinity Photo.

Please feel free to send me a DM here or on Instagram @ricof80 if you are interested in doing a shoot!

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
Here is Kevin's Nardo Grey RS3!

Testing out this gallery thing :)

The Broken Regal The Broken Regal

IMG_6125.jpg

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
Tom's GT4 inspired F80 M3

Shooting rollers in the rain was a lot of fun until my camera died from water getting in! I immediately went home and took a hair dryer to the battery compartment and was able to get it turn on but it wasn't recognizing my lens. I then put the camera in rice for a solid 48 hours and it worked just fine!

Thanks to FIST TAGTA FIST TAGTA for driving my car for the rollers

InShot_20220807_170235955_3.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
  • Haha
Reactions: IDAFC21 and Rico

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
He included a 24mm FX f/1.8 and a 24-120mm FX f/4 to the bundle. I think I've taken about 100 exposures so far with it. On the next trip to his house I'll probably be bringing back some more kit. I think when Sony announces a successor to the AIII I might bite and go mirrorless. I'm not quite feeling the Nikon Z6II right now, even though I have plenty of lenses to use with the FTZ adapter.

One problem I have is uploading to the site. I have to reduce the resolution a lot to get them under the 10MB limit. Lots of quality loss.

Reactions: Rico

Rico

Addict
TCG Sponsor
Nov 25, 2020
He included a 24mm FX f/1.8 and a 24-120mm FX f/4 to the bundle. I think I've taken about 100 exposures so far with it. On the next trip to his house I'll probably be bringing back some more kit. I think when Sony announces a successor to the AIII I might bite and go mirrorless. I'm not quite feeling the Nikon Z6II right now, even though I have plenty of lenses to use with the FTZ adapter.

One problem I have is uploading to the site. I have to reduce the resolution a lot to get them under the 10MB limit. Lots of quality loss.
I've heard a lot of good things from Sony. Both Sony and Canon have a lot of good lens options as well as compatibility with aftermarket brand lenses. Not so sure on the Nikon side.
I really dig my Canon. I previously had a 450D DLSR which was really quite old and antiquated.

Thread Info