TV Rick and Morty

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
Can you explain it to me then?
I assume you just mean the Morty in the game stuff?

Obviously he was stuck in the game and fractured into however many pieces. Rick was trying to get him back out but could only do so if all of him came back out. Otherwise he wouldn't be the same Morty as he would have lost that version of himself. Each fractured person was a different piece of his persona.

But some percentage of Morty doesn't trust Rick and Rick makes the decision to leave the remaining portion of Morty that doesn't trust him in the game.

So now Morty is a fractured version of himself that most likely won't question Rick going forward.

Since Rick left the machine running with the rest of Morty I'm guessing it will come back in some way.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I assume you just mean the Morty in the game stuff?

Obviously he was stuck in the game and fractured into however many pieces. Rick was trying to get him back out but could only do so if all of him came back out. Otherwise he wouldn't be the same Morty as he would have lost that version of himself. Each fractured person was a different piece of his persona.

But some percentage of Morty doesn't trust Rick and Rick makes the decision to leave the remaining portion of Morty that doesn't trust him in the game.

So now Morty is a fractured version of himself that most likely won't question Rick going forward.

Since Rick left the machine running with the rest of Morty I'm guessing it will come back in some way.
I thought all remaining fractions came out except for one, Marta (Morta?). That’s why Rick kept the game perpetually running with the battery, as it was the fraction Rick cared for the most.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Just happened to watch the last episode again. Caught something at the end that I didn't the first time, which now makes more sense. It also sets things up for the future. Once Rick and Morty are out of the game there is some dialogue:

Rick: Classic "tower-man", almost too on-the-nose, am I right Morty?
Morty: Sure. I mean whatever you say, Rick. You know best! I trust you implicitly.
Summer: Is he alright?
Rick: Oh yeah, he's fine. Got him all out, every last piece.

That's when they talk about the broken Roy machine and the one piece/fraction left inside. What stayed in the game was the one piece of Morty that was starting to question Rick and his decisions and motives. So it's like the reset Morty back to how he was in the beginning. Naive and fully trusting of Rick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info