Richard Holdener does a l67

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
At first glance I thought I read Richard Holdener dies, and I was like, 2020!

giphy.gif

But this is cool. He's played with M90s on some other videos. His video editing and storytelling needs some work, but I generally feel the testing is methodical and he's honest with viewers on what worked/didn't work.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I feel like it would be interesting to see the results of M90 power (gotta get the baseline anyway), twin charging because why not if hes making an L67 turbo kit, and then turbo through the empty blower case. I know there are some strong opinions about all of this, but somebody like Richard with Westech could really quantify it and put it to bed. I doubt he'd waste the time with the twin charging though. His videos already seem way too long at times. lol

Reactions: TurboTPI and Bru
I offered him to use my zzp ported Gen3 blower and all my pulleys (3.4, 3.2 2.8), but he said he wants a Gen5 blower. I really hope he actually does a big turbo "big bang" on one! I like the guy, seems like a cool guy. Ive been harassing him about doing a 3800 big bang for months now, he always replies and says he's going to haha

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Nice. I know it’s been a while but I always felt like the horsepower claims came from the big vendors and not any independent back to back tests. Perhaps I wasn’t paying enough attention. Also, these cars seem to dyno pretty low compared with how fast they run.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Nice. I know it’s been a while but I always felt like the horsepower claims came from the big vendors and not any independent back to back tests. Perhaps I wasn’t paying enough attention. Also, these cars seem to dyno pretty low compared with how fast they run.
Yeah, they don’t dyno right. Pretty much have to use the mph vs weight to get HP

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I guess I've never noticed them not dynoing correctly. My numbers always seemed to match up with what it should be making.

But yeah, I've always been very disappointed with every gtp I've put headers on. It bugs me that lots of people recommend them for the first mod, especially when the crappy eBay brands make them unreliable.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
The primaries are too big on them, and the crossover thing is less than optimal. I didn’t see good gains from headers until I was trapping 104-105. I bought a second hand set of S&S that were already Jet hot coated. Not a popular opinion, but I think they were the best laid out headers for the platform. I installed a lot of headers for people too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info