YouTube Rich Kids of the Middle East - The Most Expensive Car Event in the World

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
help-me-im-poor.gif

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
I saw a video of his last month where he bought a brand new 2016 mustang GT, and a week later he made a video of him driving it through a bunch of standing water when they had flooding over there. With no fucks given.

Oh a serious note, i hate douchebags like that.

water was 2 wks ago. i got caught in it in abu dhabi, and by caught i mean like out in the wrong place with not much to hide under. i gave up on the rain subsiding after a miserable half hour waiting and made my way to a starbucks i knew eventually. i was like 90% wet while under this shitty tarp and 110% wet when i entered starbucks.

it ended up being kinda good for me though, i drove a single seater race school car at dubai autodrome the next week, and the little baby track they normally do the class in was flooded, so the class got upgraded to stage 2, which was an awesome long chunk of track.

i really don't know where all the money comes from in dubai. the oil is in abu dhabi and the income is higher here too. i can't really tell what's going on in dubai other than lots and lots of building, so are all of these people just in the real estate industry? is there real growth or a bubble? abu dhabi and UAE actually bailed out dubai in 2009. (the burj khalifa was supposed to be named the burj dubai prior to the bailout)

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
as an aside i'm writing some of my blog posts about abu dhabi and dubai and a little hesitant to say anything bad about here, given that they have done some pretty silly things based on social media in the past (a woman got kicked out of the country over a tweet, for example)

IMHO there is no reason to visit here unless you are doing some of the unique things you can basically only do here, namely the car stuff that you just can't really do anywhere else. outside of that i don't know why anyone would come here, and a i feel a bit hypocritical myself even saying that is worth it given some of the wild problems and stories you can find about rights violations that have/continue to go on here. it is wild for me to think that as these things are going on, this guy's sister is driving around a lambo and going bugatti shopping. if these people happened to be born just an hour plane ride east of here, they would be cleaning toilets as modern day slaves for 16 hours a day here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info