🔧 BUILD Reviving The Cherry Popper - 1980 Scout

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Got a lot done, didn't get it all done.
Pulled the seats, cleaned the floors all up as they were filthy with gravel dust then put down what was left of the kill mat and laid the carpet down.
We got the rear completely done - kill mat down, carpet trimmed and one of the og side panels installed completely.
I may go fuck with the other side rear for a while tonight and try to get it done.
The front we got one layer of kill mat down on but I'd like to do another - it got super hot inside with the exhaust running underfoot - so ordered another box of mat. It'll be here Tuesday.
We did trim the carpet to fit and lay it in place. I'm jacked with how it looks. Too nice for this old truck!

View attachment 130528

View attachment 130529

View attachment 130530

Also decided to order new speakers - Shawn1112 Shawn1112 what are guys using these days for speakers? I've got holes for a pair of 6x9 and a pair of 6.5's. If I can get a powered sub under the seat bases I may add one of those eventually.

Tomorrow I'm gonna get the transfer case shifter hung and pull the dash back out while waiting on more kill mat for the front floor.
Are you going to run those 6x9's off the head unit or an amp?

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'll run them off of the h/u for now.

Thanks! They're Corbeau's. They make a bolt in kit with heater and lumbar adjustments
I'm not really sure bro. I always run my mids/highs off amps. Maybe smug smug could suggest something that sounds good off a head unit.
I'm a huge Hertz fan if running them off an amp, they sound incredibly good imo. DB Drive would be a cheaper alternative, they arent the greatest quality, but as long as your not abusing them, then well worth it imo. They also sound very good. If you do wind up going the amp route, do a 6.5" component set.
Another option, call Crutchfield and talk to someone about what your looking to do. They could also point you in the right direction.

• Love
Reactions: Jon01

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
First voyage was successful - put probably 75 miles on it and no issues other than the shifter cable came unhooked because I forgot to put the cotter key back in it.
I have a couple rattles in the front end I need to figure out, there's some oil seeping from a few joints and I definitely need to add a shifter boot to the stock shifter, tons of hot air comes in around it oh and a ground on the passenger side marker light is acting up.
Easy shit.
Next round of mods will be a Tuffy console, install the reverse shackle, and add some lighting and a winch up front.

PXL_20220903_224601090.MP.jpg

PXL_20220904_014912833.jpg

Thread Info