🔧 BUILD Reviving Grandpa's 1993 D150 Pickup

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Jesus ?

I would be pissed.

Uhhh yeah, that's not professional work if they're doing shit like that without asking permission or first offering a better solution. I'd be raising hell. I hope they offer to pay for damage.

They called once they got it in on the rack and said they couldn't get it out the back without pulling the spare, but that they could get it out the sides which is really what I wanted - did not want it out the back anyways, that's trashy and played out IMO.
When I arrived they showed me that it was tight over the diff on the ABS sensor and told me they had to cut that heat shield off to get clearance...I was wondering why, obviously Chrysler put one there for a reason...if it wasn't needed they would have saved $.05 a vehicle and not used one.

I love how it sounds and where the tips sit but this won't work, with as hot as it gets I can't haul anything in the bed or if someone were to touch the floor anywhere around those areas they'd get badly burned.

I'll call em tomorrow and see what they say.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I ran the truck by the exhaust shop after having it aligned and they were super cool about it. They're gonna pull it back apart and put a single 3" on it. That'll be fine and sound good. Then they said take it wherever and have the bed fixed and they'll cover it.
I'm debating on whether or not to have a spray in bed liner done. The minty fresh painted floor is cool but tbh it makes it hard to use as a truck.
OTOH, a spray in that goes under the rails and a tonneau cover with some nice bed rail covers is kinda more functional and fitting it's intended purpose - a nice weather daily that can do some light hauling.

Side note, drove the fucker over to my folks' place earlier today and it wouldn't run when I went to leave. I think the fuel pump is fucked...again...it'll start, run for about 3 seconds and Peter out.

Reactions: v6buicks

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I bought a Delphi fuel pump off of RockAuto and installed it last weekend, it worked for about 15 minutes - just long enough to decide it was good and go ahead and reinstall the bed/bumper/lights only to have it not work when I went to go back home with the truck.
Ordered another Delphi off of Amazon, installed it last night and it was DOA, wouldn't do shit.
So ordered a pump from O'Reillys and boom fires right up and runs like a fuckin Swiss watch.
Put it all back together and drove it home tonight. Ridiculous that aftermarket parts have gotten so shitty, especially a name brand like Delphi.
I'll be warrantying all the shitty ones so not out any cash.

I also did some looking while I had the bed off, I think the floor paint was fubar like taws697 taws697 said, when they torched the heat shield off. The piping just doesn't line up with where the paint damage is, but where they would have cut the shield off definitely does. So, now that it's back mobile I'm gonna drive it some and check the heat on the bed floor for a while, if it's good I'll just have the exhaust shop pay for the bed liner and move on. If not, they can redo the exhaust.

Wheels should be showing up soon, gonna order tires next week and have the windows tinted, add bed liner and a tonneau cover th,en we are good to go on this thing.

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Yeah, the lack of quality in OEMs is getting really bad. I had two brand new AC Delco master cylinders turn out to be bad on my Camaro. I gave up because I was tired of shipping shit. The first O'Reilly unit has been working fine. Then they started getting cheap with stuff like filters and whatnot.

The worst part is that there are nut swingers with too much brand loyalty to ever accept that there's anything better. Then the shit ball rolls and grows to the point where there's zero accountability from the manufacturers. Makes me sick, but I'm just a little fish in the pond.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Gonna use the pick up to do pick up stuff.
New tires showed up for the PYO wheels on my LBZ.
It needs an oil change and grease anyways so might as well pull the wheels, clean them all up and take them to DT off the truck so I don't have to fight with them about installing the 285's where 265's were.
This woulda been 2 trips with wifey's 4runner. Hopefully the first of many instances where I'm happy we have this thing here to do chores.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
PXL_20210718_211356410.jpg

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
Need to update this, Dodge has been being a Dodge but I think it's back in good shape now.
I took the truck across town to pick up a new to me welder and the front brakes stuck up. Not bad at first but by the time I got it home the passenger was smoking(literally) hot.
So, ordered new master cylinder, calipers, hoses, rotors(again), pads(again), wheel bearings/seals(again) and replaced all that shit last weekend and bled everything out.
Drove it to my guys' place a little ways out of town and it seems good to go. We'll see if it holds.

The wheels finally showed up so I tossed the rears on to verify we've got clearance before tires go on, which we do.

234934807_558687442145170_2653990333619535573_n.jpg

235442870_370870378020154_5938996124573499700_n.jpg

234805233_1252994328446910_2840685568681024653_n.jpg

238970276_949538092570720_6223315446933243164_n.jpg

So, just ordered tires and lug nuts, hope to have this all installed next weekend.
Once that's done it just needs a bedliner and tonneau cover then it's done.
I may put that shit off till next year though, I am going to be dropping a lot of cash at the farm pretty soon I have a feeling.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
After a week in FedEx jail the tires showed up today so I had them mounted and chucked them on the truck.

I'm happy with it. Another half inch of sidewall would have been better but that would mean $$$ tires and this is supposed to be a cheaper summer driver.

PXL_20210829_231358839~2.jpg

PXL_20210829_231410588~2.jpg

Now it's tonneau cover, spray in bed liner and hopefully some trouble free enjoyment till the weather starts to turn.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
I went down to the farm to wake this thing up for summer miles last weekend and the piece of shit wouldn't start - no spark.
So, ordered a coil and crank sensor - both parts I replaced last year chasing that miss that was a defective new distributor cap.
Went back down yesterday to grab truck, trailer and tractor and the damn thing fired right up and ran a half hour or so no issue.

Fucking Dodge.

Gonna let it rain a little more and I'll bring it back home for the year and start driving it.

Thread Info