Review: MOD pizza

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
^ this guy couldn't wait for a pizza!

No shit! Saw the thread, went. Glad I did!

Guy in front of us ordered SIX pizzas, we ordered 2 with the garlic sticks- still wasn't that bad of a wait for the pizzas.

Get the garlic sticks!!! with the Sri-Rancha sauce...So good.

I had the #9 mega, which was cheeze, chicken, bbq sauce, onion and I added bacon. It was really good. My ONLY complaint was that the very center of my pizza was warm while the outsides were piping hot. Colleen had the #5 which is cheese and artichokes, she said it was really good. I will be returning to try many more various pizzas you can make.

stv76yp.jpg

r2zVt49.jpg

iaIw2f7.jpg
boobs

P

Papa John

C'mon guys, these can't be that good.

I mean, when it comes to pizza, shouldn't you stick with a trusted name? Maybe one that is the OFFICIAL pizza of the NFL? Especially one that is offering monster toppings extra large specials (for a limited time only)!

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
Had a place called Pieology near where I lived in Norther CA. Was awesome and same concept. Except a whole pizza with whatever toppings you want and a drink was around $8-$9 total.

I wondered if a franchise like this would do well in Chicagoland, and apparently it seems like it will.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Had a place called Pieology near where I lived in Norther CA. Was awesome and same concept. Except a whole pizza with whatever toppings you want and a drink was around $8-$9 total.

I wondered if a franchise like this would do well in Chicagoland, and apparently it seems like it will.

There is one downtown

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
They have this Blaze pizza in the city. [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] and I just got back from the place. :rofl:

Exactly the same concept. personal custom pizza made right in front of you. Its fast and tastes awesome. Line out the door at the place everyday.

Locations - Blaze Pizza

We have a Blaze down here in Louisville. Very good pizza, just a little pricey, but it is good.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Because of this review, I tried the MOD pizza in Deerfield. I took the gf their for dinner Friday night. First thing she asked was why I was taking her to a fast food restaurant :rofl:

The food was pretty good though, so overall we were happy. I had a MOD with spicy sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. Was it the best pizza I've ever had? No, definitely not, but it was good. I think the crust was a little too thin, but that's just personal preference. I would have rather gone to a regular pizza place.

This is more so the type of place to go to if you want pizza, but need to grab a quick meal. Perfect for lunch breaks or on the go.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
They have this Blaze pizza in the city. [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] and I just got back from the place. :rofl:

Exactly the same concept. personal custom pizza made right in front of you. Its fast and tastes awesome. Line out the door at the place everyday.

Locations - Blaze Pizza

We have Blaze on the south side in Oak Lawn. Wife and I had it 2 weeks ago. We'll be headed back. Best fast food pizza ever.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Because of this review, I tried the MOD pizza in Deerfield. I took the gf their for dinner Friday night. First thing she asked was why I was taking her to a fast food restaurant :rofl:

The food was pretty good though, so overall we were happy. I had a MOD with spicy sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions. Was it the best pizza I've ever had? No, definitely not, but it was good. I think the crust was a little too thin, but that's just personal preference. I would have rather gone to a regular pizza place.

This is more so the type of place to go to if you want pizza, but need to grab a quick meal. Perfect for lunch breaks or on the go.

exactly how I feel about it^

it's great because you don't need to spend $30 on a pizza to eat by yourself and actually get all the toppings you want on it.

We have a Blaze down the street from my office downtown and we've gone a few times. I think a more accurate description of what you get there is a flatbread...not pizza. That's not to say it's bad, in fact I quite enjoy it. But in a city like Chicago to call it pizza doesn't seem right.

I think is pretty damn accurate:

How I describe this place in a nut shell.. Its like subway but with pizza.

The pictures posted from MOD make the crust look a little thicker, so maybe it's more pizza-esque.

That being said...I'm at our Schaumburg facility today and this thread just talked me into a Pie Five trip. :bowrofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info