Review: MOD pizza

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I tried this place last Sunday on a whim and fell in love.

MOD pizza is a casual dining place, ala Chipotle or Panera.The concept is just like this: pick your size pizza/salad. small, MOD or Mega(double decker crust) it's all one price, add whatever toppings you want with no up charge and they cool it right there in front of you with a wood fired brick oven. Not sure on exact prices, a MOD (11") pizza and fountain drink is a hair over $10 which is an absolute steal for a custom pie in my opinion.

They serve beer, wine, fresh made flavored of lemonades, iced tea and milk shakes.

I went last night for my second time with Jason [MENTION=11473]JBruno88[/MENTION] and he loved it as well. Ordered a mega pizza which is two crusts with sauce and cheese stacked on top of each other to start. Added fresh chopped basil, roasted garlic, olive oil, spicy sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, onion, oregano, and finished it off with a basalmic fig glaze. that with a fountain drink was $13.xx

They have a few Chicagoland locations, this particular one is the south side of Army Trail Rd just west of Schmale in Bloomingdale.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
:eek3: I have never heard of this place.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Wednesday meet spot instead of BWW/Smash..... it's right down the street

PANDA

Reaction score
They have this Blaze pizza in the city. [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] and I just got back from the place. :rofl:

Exactly the same concept. personal custom pizza made right in front of you. Its fast and tastes awesome. Line out the door at the place everyday.

Locations - Blaze Pizza

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
This concept is the new hotness. Will see a bunch more popping up.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I hope so. I love pizza. there is enough variety in toppings and sauces to have something totally different every time you go

LiquidPen

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
Went there saturday... First time it's a little confusing specially when you got two kids.. I recommend looking @ menu online first before you go so can get idea what they offer.

The blackberry lemonaid is great.. The pizza is good as well.. Ingredients seem'd fresh. They also have salad which looked pretty good as well.

TonzKnock-G

Donating Member
Reaction score
They have this Blaze pizza in the city. [MENTION=340]Eagle[/MENTION] and I just got back from the place. :rofl:

Exactly the same concept. personal custom pizza made right in front of you. Its fast and tastes awesome. Line out the door at the place everyday.

Locations - Blaze Pizza
I will have to visit this place tomorrow.

YoushallgoFo

Reaction score
they also have Pie 5 in schaumburg which is the same thing.

blck10th

Reaction score
Went to this place over summer vacation in Seattle. It was solid pizza and ingredients for the money. Sauce was good also.

I love pizza

BillyBru

FoodHead
Reaction score
Heard of this place a while ago. I'd like to give it a go. [MENTION=147]SHOmuff[/MENTION]

BillyBru

FoodHead
Reaction score
I never knew that. Not a fan of their beef so I never go there. I'll have to give it a try.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
They just opened one of these joints right by me.....may have to check this place out...

blck10th

Reaction score
Yep. Thursday used to be $5 pizza day. But now its $6. But the pizza is still pretty awesome. Usually get the Supremo loaded up with crushed red pepper before they bake it. Spicy goodness for days.

Personally I think MOD is better. I've had both places. Mod has many more options also

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Sitting at MOD right now in elmhurst. Will report back after consuming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom