WTB Retro fit roller cam/lifter OR roller cam and lifters for roller block SBC

Kizzlebizz

Regular
Oct 26, 2020
Here's the deets.

I'm just putting feelers out to see what I can find. I have a 400 and a 350 I'm trying to build.

I have a set of vortecs and a set of AFR enforcers heads. The enforcers have roller cam springs, like 145lbs on the seat, and I'm afraid they'll eat a flat tappet cam. I also have a 350 roller block that I can convert to roller as I already have the dog bones and hold down and run the AFR's on it.

My options-
A. I can retro fit the 400 with roller lifters and cam and run the AFR's on it. Run the vortecs on the 350 with the same RV cam that's in it. Moderate boost for the 350, huge gain for the 400. Cost - A metric fuck ton. Apparently retrofit roller lifters are like $500, plus a roller cam.
2. Pull the flat tappet cam and lifters out of the 350, put them in the 400 with the vortecs, get a huge bump in power over the giant chamber smog heads. The AFR's on the 350 with a roller cam and lifters. Cost - Less money for lifters and cam in the 350, free for the 400. Just need to drill steam ports into the vortecs.
III. Buy lower seat pressure springs for the AFR's, something in the 115lbs run them on the 400 with a new flat tappet cam and lifters. Slam the vortecs on the 350 and have a decent runner there. Cost- springs for the AFR's. The only downside I see to this is I'm losing the bonus of a roller block and perks of roller valve train. Both engines remain flat tappet.

So that lets you make the decision. I'd like to get a roller cam and lifters, EITHER retrofit for a non roller or your old cam and lifters for a roller block. You just tell me what you got and how much it would cost me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Kizzlebizz
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list