3800 Reputable shop to do trans work for me?

Sadly...i think my trans has finally taken the shit i've been dreading...i had my trans fluid changed earlier today and driving it home, it just didnt have the pep i'm used to. sure enough, i hear a noise, not a grinding noise, but...just an odd noise starting in 1st gear. i shrug it off and let the car sit. being the paranoid person i am, i take a buddy out w/ me early tonight JUST around my neighborhood and wow...rpms shooting up on their own, the car LUNGES into 2nd gear, car stutters just trying to go 10mph...so sadly, i think my vigorous way of driving has FINALLY taken its toll on my car and the fresh trans fluid just sealed the deal. i need to get this car fixed QUICKLY (well, as quick as a trans fix allows) and i'm unsure of where to take it. i live in the elgin area and i've really never looked for a trans shop (never had the need to). SO, anyone in the general area of elgin wanna recommend me someplace? i'm afraid to drive the car for fear of more damage (even tho i'm sure theres plenty of damage done, car even smelled like...well...not good). i'm thinking of just a rebuild as my goal for the car really is only mid to MAYBE, MAYBE low 12s...if intense was closer than ohio, i'd make the haul out there, but i dont think my car would last the journey. anyway, i'm babling on, let me know what you all think. help would be insanely appreciated

Originally posted by BumpinGTP@Aug 17 2004, 11:57 PM
well, if you can wait till i go out to intense to pick up my car, we could trailer your car out there. i was planning on towing an empty trailer out there anyways to pick up my car when it is ready.
woah woah...when were u planning on going to intense? in fact, if u're still on the board, hit me up on aim at crazymook69. OH, and the only problem w/ intense is i've only got 3k to spend MAX on a trans...

BumpinGTP

TCG Elite Member
Jan 20, 2009
South Suburbs
you can always have them do a rebuild and not a complete overhaul, if they just rebuild it, they leave the parts that are ok in there, it will save you over 1,000 probably if your trans still works

gulfblue....i go out there all the time, i would give scott a call and see if he can put you on the schedule and we can to your car out there. if you wanted to go when i plan on picking up my car, i am going on the 2nd to get it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info