REPORT: Ford offering dealerships for $1

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
Ford's dealer development program works to help people become dealer principles who might not otherwise have the chance. The 64 members of the program, most of them black or Hispanic, are set up with stores by Ford and then buy out Ford's interest in the dealership with revenues. To give them a boost and, presumably, free up Ford money, Automotive News is reporting that Ford is offering dealers in the program an offer they'll have a hard time refusing: complete ownership of their stores for $1.

To take advantage, though, the dealers will need to have private financing for their operating capital in place by September 30. If they can prove to Ford that they have enough private resources, they will take complete control of their stores and Ford will forgive any money the dealer still owes to The Blue Oval. Even though Ford would technically lose money on any dealer who accepted the offer, the automaker would no longer need to be involved in the dealership or in its floorplan financing.

With the state of car sales, there are likely to be dealers who can't take advantage of the program. For those who haven't been able to pay Ford back at all, the decision will be taken on a case-by-case basis about what to do with their stores. For those dealers in good standing who simply can't get outside financing, the arrangement will continue as is.
[Autoblog]

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
fords a lot smarter than i took them for.

James

Reaction score
When I see a Ford on the street I think "that company knows what it's doing" and "that person was very smart to buy a Ford".

radioguy6

Reaction score
When I see a Ford on the street I think "that company knows what it's doing" and "that person was very smart to buy a Ford".
gotta love Ford commercials and their rediculous "feel better" quotes that try to lure people in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom