Replacing rear brake lines

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
The right rear brake line on my '02 Regal start leaking today. Right near the fuel filter. I see there is a union for each line just in front of the fuel filter, but the lines are UGLY before and after the unions, so I need to replace the complete lines.

Has anyone replaced these with prebent lines? Where did you get them from? I see Rockauto has both sides listed, but from the pictures, it might just be the sections in front of the union. I don't want to spend $100 and only be 3/4 of the way there.

ACDELCO 10408539 Hydraulic Line | RockAuto
ACDELCO 10408540 Hydraulic Line | RockAuto

Unitsn4

Regular
Mar 30, 2015
I've used copper nickel and it is very easy to work with. If there is a complete pre-bent line available, I'd go that route. Remove the old line and putting in the prebent one would be quicker than pulling the old line and matching the bend then flaring. I have the Eastwood flaring tool which is awesome.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Oh hey, I'm going through the same thing lol. One of my rear lines blew about a month ago, but right in the middle of the car.

Since I just started a new job, and it's cold AF... I'm just taking the car and some minty lines from DD to a shop.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info