Replacing rear brake lines

b4black

Reaction score
The right rear brake line on my '02 Regal start leaking today. Right near the fuel filter. I see there is a union for each line just in front of the fuel filter, but the lines are UGLY before and after the unions, so I need to replace the complete lines.

Has anyone replaced these with prebent lines? Where did you get them from? I see Rockauto has both sides listed, but from the pictures, it might just be the sections in front of the union. I don't want to spend $100 and only be 3/4 of the way there.

ACDELCO 10408539 Hydraulic Line | RockAuto
ACDELCO 10408540 Hydraulic Line | RockAuto

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Buy copper nickel brake line and make them yourselves. The copper nickel brake line is really easy to bend and flare.

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make your own. I had never done this before and it wasn’t that bad of a job. Stand by and I’ll find a good thread for you.

Unitsn4

Reaction score
I've used copper nickel and it is very easy to work with. If there is a complete pre-bent line available, I'd go that route. Remove the old line and putting in the prebent one would be quicker than pulling the old line and matching the bend then flaring. I have the Eastwood flaring tool which is awesome.

b4black

Reaction score
I ordered a 25' roll of NiCopp tubing.

Somebody needs to go back in time and kick some accountant's ass for not using stainless steel. This will be 4th car that I've had to fix brake lines on. None were that rusty.

MonzaRacer

Reaction score
I ordered a 25' roll of NiCopp tubing.

Somebody needs to go back in time and kick some accountant's ass for not using stainless steel (OR INSTALLING 4T80E FROM THE FACTORY). This will be 4th car that I've had to fix brake lines on. None were that rusty.

There I fixed it!

Euro

GM or Nothing
Reaction score
Oh hey, I'm going through the same thing lol. One of my rear lines blew about a month ago, but right in the middle of the car.

Since I just started a new job, and it's cold AF... I'm just taking the car and some minty lines from DD to a shop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom