Replacement for the Prius

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Been a little over 5 months and with the car mostly sitting in the garage as it doesn't go out when there's snow/ice on the ground I decided to take it out on a trip to UW Stevens Point this weekend to save miles on my DD, the AWD Fusion.

A hair over 3k miles so far, well under 1k miles/mo.

Power and trans performance is still great. Rated very similar to the Fusion but definitely underrated from the factory, lighter, and more gears so it's a rocket compared to the Fusion.

Has traction issues. Wheel hop/spin in 3rd gear around 50mph when it's cold. When Acura come out with an AWD sedan based off this platform it'll be very nice.

Overall indicated MPG is showing at 26.7 running E0 91 octane with mostly short trip city driving, only a handful of highway trips so far.

Some likes in no particular order:

Really love the low cowl/dash and slim a-pillars. Brings me back to my late 80's to mid 90's Hondas.

Lot's of room inside.

As said before power train.

LED low beams have decent throw/intensity.

Driver's aids work well.

Some dislikes:

Could be a lot quieter at speed.

Needs adaptive/better dampers. On frost heaved roads it is very firm and never settles down on the highway. I was very fatigued after the 400-ish miles we put on. My ass doesn't agree with the seat which doesn't help as well.

Impact harshness is high as well. I'll have to try out the Touring model with it's adaptive dampers when we're in for the first oil. change.

The ride reminds me of the couple times we've test driven cars that still had the shipping spacers in the springs/struts.

Stereo completely lacking midbass/bass. You get an old school song like Sir Mix A Lot, DJ Rob Bass, or Nine Inch Nails on the radio and turn it up the volume and are just flat out disappointed and turn it back down.

Remote start range is ridiculously short, same as our last Accord and Odyssey. I need to see about the Honda App thing.

Seat heaters drop to mid setting after a short time automatically.

Push button shifter still irks me.

Back up camera quality is laughable.

No power outlets for the rear seats (it's an accessory).

Still not warmed up to the front end styling. The black chrome grill helps but damn this thing is sort of fugly looking.

Really minor dislikes and that's digging deep. Not a bad car for the money for sure.

Only quality issue so far is the door for the dash cubby sounds like the plastic is breaking anytime you push it to open.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
Decided to take the car out as it's been parked for a long time. Filled up with E0 91 for just $1.99/gallon.

Only have 4k miles on it so far. At this rate we'll barely hit 6k in the first year.

Average lifetime MPG is down a bit to 25. The Pilots must be well scrubbed in, you can go WOT in second gear now and it won't destroy the front tires.

10AT is still brilliant especially compared to the 6AT in my Ford.

Not happy about the stretched tires. Even though the Pilots have a rim protector bead the factory alloys have a bit of curb rash now.

Stereo still sounds like ass. Clear highs and mids but absolutely no bass/low end.

Screenshot_20200402-200640.png

Screenshot_20200402-200707.png

Thread Info