Repairing/Patching Hole in Floorboard

1998gpgt

Reaction score
My cutlass has a medium sized hole in the rear driver side floorboard. What is the best way to go about patching this hole? I do not need it to be perfect. There are other areas of the car with slight rust and I do not expect it to live forever. However, I would like to repair it in a way that prevents this from becoming a bigger issue in the not too distant future. I attached a few pictures of the hole. Thanks in advance.

SRT41320

Reaction score
Cut out the rust and weld in a patch panel out while replacement for board - don't half ass it and just glue or weld a piece of metal on top of the hole and call it good add it will just continue to rust

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
if its a beater i would wire wheel it and fiberglass over it

1998gpgt

Reaction score
Cut out the rust and weld in a patch panel out while replacement for board - don't half ass it and just glue or weld a piece of metal on top of the hole and call it good add it will just continue to rust
Where would I go to have something like that done? I do not have access to a welder, nor do I have much experience using one.

I would probably be limited to the por15 patch kit with what I have available to me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom