Repair and Tuning for a 00 Civic?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
not sure if troll....D series and B18B1 motors are far from it, they are just the more inexpensive of the bunch. I can think of 5 significantly better Honda motors than the GSR.

If you really want to have a nutswing battle over Honda motors let me show you my torque curve in the J series... :s00ls:

I can think of 20 better motors than a b1 or dseries. I'm not talking k motors, far superior than b,d,h, etc. K's are where it's at, but big $.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I'm just anti-cheap route when it comes to swaps. I see b1 swaps and see cheap. For what a Gsr goes for, and is capable of, it's an all around Honda motor. On another note I wish I could put a b16 trans in my prelude, or an ITR trans. :hs:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Das your knowledge on honda motors is nothing short if junkyard build scrap. Stick to fords.

Not sure why you feel that way? I was dead-on with the analysis of the D16Y8, and D16Z6.... I knew the HP and torque ratings off the top of my head for both the B1 and C1 motors.

Is the OP targeted toward a budget build? Yes. Hence me bringing up my good B18B1 swap experience.

You chime in saying it is garbage unless boosted to high hell, and then it would be unreliable, and that Gods chariot is powered by a GSR motor....

Did I say the B18B1 is a better motor? No, I said it has more torque, which is accurate, and by design. Did I say it's a better value swap? No. I simply said how much I managed to perform one for. Do I think the GSR motor is far better? Yes. Is it worth the $1000-1500 premium OVER an LS swap, Yes, it is. Does everyone have $2500-3000 laying around to put into a $2500-3000 car? No.

Whats a more bitter pill to swallow, $800 for 20hp/30tq, or $3000 for 60hp/20tq in a car that is less than $3000.... It boils down to the budget.

Who is posting more useful info in the thread? The guy who has actual experience with a low budget swap, or the guy that is swinging so hard off the GSR powerplant that the designers nuts are probably dragging on the ground by now...

Simmer down chief :s00ls:

ef_vtak

Power of Dreams
Mar 25, 2009
Whats a more bitter pill to swallow, $800 for 20hp/30tq, or $3000 for 60hp/20tq in a car that is less than $3000.... It boils down to the budget.

How about $3000 for this? :s00ls:

276whpand234tqj32a2teg.jpg

ef_vtak

Power of Dreams
Mar 25, 2009
It's a great swap for civics and tegras, if you don't want AC/ps. For preludes though you can't do that. Not sure why someone hasn't figured out a way though. Would be nice.

my Civics are sub 2300lb, and I could use a workout. My first Civic had A/C, took it out for the swap...I have since to own another car with A/C. I would imagine some custom mounts and axles would do the job, no? The adapter is already there, that is the hard part.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
You CAN do it, but it's not common. It's about as rare as a kswap with ps/AC. Very rare to find someone that actually does that. I own 2 cars with AC so I too went the light route with my integra. Should be 2350-ish now. Light cars are faster and use up wearable items at a much more manageable pace. Given its a DC chassis (superior), but I can feel the weight from the tegra to the Lude. I like the feeling of a really nimble car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info