🔖 Deals Remote Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malakaone

Addict
Feb 17, 2011
Do you do installs near Naperville?

Also for everyone's info I found a GREAT deal I believe on eBay. Here is the item number:

JD, what else would one need with the above item to get it to work? As you know I want to install it on my Armada.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
How do you feel about factory refurbished units? The compnay has a kiftine warranty though.

Looking at the Viper 5301.

Considered the 2 way alarms, but had very bad luck the with the durabiliy of the remote and kept cracking the screen.

A.M.P.

Dec 8, 2011
Do you do installs near Naperville?

Also for everyone's info I found a GREAT deal I believe on eBay. Here is the item number:

JD, what else would one need with the above item to get it to work? As you know I want to install it on my Armada.

I can come to your home or office for the install for an extra fee. If you do not have a garage and there is snow on the ground or it is below freezing that fee may increase LOL
I would charge around $500 to intall that LOL looks like junk. you will also need a DBall by xpresskit with any remote start

How do you feel about factory refurbished units? The company has a lifetime warranty though.

Looking at the Viper 5301.

Considered the 2 way alarms, but had very bad luck the with the durability of the remote and kept cracking the screen.

I have done a few and had no issues.

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
Holy fuck. Just looked close at my instructions for the dball, and noticed after i started wiring up everything that had the ------ lines in blue, that at the bottom there's a note that says "----- not required in D2D mode."

So seriously all I need to do is hook up the D2D harness (plugs in) and land the violet/yellow wire from from the dball to pin2 on the OBD2 connector?

Then the standard rs wiring from the remote starter (ign1, ign2, acc1, acc2, starter)??

If so, MIND = FUCKING BLOWN.

Holy balls.

shaferz

slaps a ho
Sep 9, 2008
Central IL
I'm gonna shit bricks if this works the first time.

Unreal. Why wasnt this shit available back when I did installs full time?

edit: I know the answer to the above question - just blown away at how much less time is spent with the dball kits vs the old days.

12voltsho

Jun 1, 2009
I install d2d all the time with idatalink never an issue its the design and software built into the dei protocal. Compustar and encore with an idatalink module works d2d everytime np's i like your self always do w2w when using a idatalink module. Using dei xpress kits good luck in the industry we call the dball a dbsometimes lol.

You sound super knowledgeable good to have another pro on the forum.

A.M.P.

Dec 8, 2011
Likewise.. The dbsometimes and Flcant lol I now wire the Flcant w2w with the disarm wire to unlock and (-) start wire to lock since it can never disarm and relock after start, haha. Once you figure the bypasses out and how they work it is much easier to see what is going wrong, like the imi/imo on toyotas when using the FLcant

I just wish the "worst winter" would get started already so business would pick up

12voltsho

Jun 1, 2009
Yeah i can tell someone a million times get your remote start before its to cold lol otherwise ill be to busy then the day comes its freezing and then im booked and then they come and i have to tell them im all booked up lol.

The idatalink and fortin modules are the best in the industry hands down the flcan has issues because idatalink restricts their compatibility to audiovox products. They have limited firmware releases.

As far as imo imi wires i hear your.

A.M.P.

Dec 8, 2011
Remote Starts are awesome in the summer too!! Keep your cool in this humid heat
We are running a summer special on labor for the month of July for remote starts as well as car audio/video. Our labor prices wont be beat and we can install at your home or office.

Pm for appointments, questions or details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info