Remote Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
I have been getting a lot of people asking about remote starts so I figured I would post up where you can get some remote starts online, feel free to check ebay or google shopping too.

Basic remote starts:

Avital - 4111 Remote Start System
$42
1500ft range

Audiovox APS901C Car Prestige
$53
1200ft range

Remote start keyless entry:

Python 1401 Remote Start/Keyless Entry System
$84
2000ft range

Audiovox Car Aps687c Prestige Deluxe Remote Start With Keyless Entry System
$63
1000ft range

Viper 4103XV
$75
1500ft range

remote start alarm:

Viper 5701 (P/n 5202v, 5202b) 2-way Remote Start Car Alarm with One LED Transmitters
$175
2000ft range

Python 991 Responder LC3 SST Security/Remote Start System
$197
1 mile range

Audiovox APS997C Car Prestige 2-Way Remote Start Keyless Entry and Security System Alarm
$118
1000ft range

Audiovox SS6900 Car Prestige Long Range Two-Way LCD Remote Start with Keyless Entry System
$140
1 mile range

Code Alarm CA6551 / CA-6551 / CA-6551 Car security/keyless entry/remote start system with 2-way LCD remote
$120
1500ft range

2 way remote start:

Python 4203P Responder 1 Remote Start System
$119
2000ft range

2 way remote start w/ keyless:

Python 580 Responder Remote Start/Keyless Entry System
$137
2000ft range

Viper 5301 2-Way Remote Start System
$120
2000ft range

Some cars require a bypass module:

search all products here
http://www.xpresskit.com/Documents.aspx
some of these also need to be flashed using a XK loader. keep in mind if not using DBall or an advanced bypass your installer may chose to charge you a bit more for some things such as factory alarm disarm as the DBall usually does this and other "cheaper" bypass modules will not

If you are thinking about a basic remote start be sure to check that your factory keyless works when the car is running. ( start the car with the key and try to unlock the doors with the key fob)

if you have any further questions please feel free to pm me​

I have the Viper 5301 and love it, although I wish it had more range. When my car is parked in parking garage the range isnt the best. After searching around for a bit, I got it on eBay NEW for $159 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270708526276?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Id assume its ok to post links? Jeremy isn't selling the units. Jeremy also did a excellent install.
jeremy does excellent work. hes putting in my remote start tomorrow :fy:
already PM'd you - where you doing the installs at?
jeremy just installed two remote starts for me. the man works super fast and came to my house to do them (also came to my house and installed my subs, amp and deck). super fair prices and just a delight to work with.

would recommend 100%
I'm considering this. As some of know, the range on the stock GM remote is next to useless. I have to walk outside to the car to start it Automatically.

Is that fixable? Or would it be better just just an aftermarket setup?

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
AMP? So all I need is the one module to hookup to my stock setup?

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
Two. the Xpresskit DBall and 2-Way RF System with XL202 Module & 7153P Remote

muskie

Reaction score
Check out ebay, I just got a 5101 Viper and a DBall for under 85 bucks shipped.

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
it adapts the aftermarket keyfob and anntenna to the stock syatem. I can not vouch for the quality of this as I have only read about them and never installed or used one

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
Would it be better to just get an entirely new unit and just go with an aftermarket alarm/auto start?

EmersonHart13

AKA Emerballs & Emerstaxxx
Donating Member
Reaction score
The price would probably be cheaper! lol. That is a lot of modules.

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
I'm diggin' that audiovox 2 way system with 1 mile range. What's an install cost?

PANDA

Reaction score
u need a section bro, also put the old SN under the new name so people know who the fuck you are :rofl:

shaferz

slaps a ho
Reaction score
GUH.

Should not have waited so long. Prices went up on all of these units. :(

shaferz

slaps a ho
Reaction score
Two vehicles:

2003 Ford Excursion V10.

2006 Trailblazer SS.

Want the Python 580 for both. Need help with what xpresskit to get. Back in the day when I installed RS' usually all the customer needed was a 551L + a DEI branded remote start and we got it done. Have been out of the game for 5-6 years.

Is all I really need the following?

QTY 2. Python 580.
QTY 1. DLPKGM (for the TBSS)
QTY 1. PKALL (for the Excursion)

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
u need a section bro, also put the old SN under the new name so people know who the fuck you are :rofl:
Yes and no

Two vehicles:

2003 Ford Excursion V10.

2006 Trailblazer SS.

Want the Python 580 for both. Need help with what xpresskit to get. Back in the day when I installed RS' usually all the customer needed was a 551L + a DEI branded remote start and we got it done. Have been out of the game for 5-6 years.

QTY 2. Python 580.
Yep. If you want to save time look into the DBall bypass it is a bit more expensive but can cut your in car time in half.

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
Appointment slots are filling up fast.

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
Yes and no

Two vehicles:

2003 Ford Excursion V10.

2006 Trailblazer SS.

QTY 2. Python 580.
Yep. If you want to save time look into the DBall bypass it is a bit more expensive but can cut your in car time in half.

shaferz

slaps a ho
Reaction score
Yes and no

Would consider going DBALL if I was going to do a bunch of remote starts, but if I go dball, wouldnt I need the xkloader too?

The above is the only reason I didnt choose the dball to start off with.

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
Fuck it.

Went with

2 Python 580's.
2 DBALL's.
1 XKloader.

Nice. I was gonna say if you brought them by I could have flashed them for you as I already have the XKloader

RebelTJ

Coyote Bus Lines
Reaction score
What do I do if Fiancee's Jeep Limited has factory alarm? The Mopar sourced remote start kit says that it cannot be used with the Mopar-sourced alarm which the Jeep has. Additional info I have found says that the Mopar alarm does not like remote starts at all...

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
What do I do if Fiancee's Jeep Limited has factory alarm? The Mopar sourced remote start kit says that it cannot be used with the Mopar-sourced alarm which the Jeep has. Additional info I have found says that the Mopar alarm does not like remote starts at all...
With a good bypass and a quality install I have never had no issues. That being said they are a pain in the butt if you do not have a good bypass.

OP
A.M.P.

A.M.P.

Reaction score
I hear there is snow in the forcast. :noes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom