Remote start for car with push button start

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I'd like to add a remote start to my 2012 MKS. I used to have a 96 Blazer that I installed a $60 Viper remote start, but that car was much more "simple" so it was overall a pretty straight forward process.

I've been looking at the one below since it offers a small one button fob, so I don't have to carry around 2 big fobs, since I'll still have to use the Lincoln fob for push to start.

My question is, will I need to install some other module or interface to get this to work with a push to start? On my Blazer, I had to put the key in the ignition, turn it to "on" and I could just drive away. Not sure how this would work with a push button start.

Appreciate any input.

Viper 4816V Remote start system with 2-way remotes at Crutchfield.com

boost21

Reaction score
I dont know what all is involved but I know on my 13' caddy with a push button they were able to integrate remote start to the factory remote and it was extremely easy because of the push start. I don't know if it varies by manufacture but it sounded like it was just some sort of programming and a module.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
I dont know what all is involved but I know on my 13' caddy with a push button they were able to integrate remote start to the factory remote and it was extremely easy because of the push start. I don't know if it varies by manufacture but it sounded like it was just some sort of programming and a module.
Thats how many of the 13+ Fords are. Every one of then is actually built with a remote start, its just a matter of being activated or not. I know people that have brought their Explorers in that did not have remote start when they bought it, and its as simple as getting a new fob and having it activated...for like $500...LOL.

I don't think my MKS is in the same boat, as the dealer actually has to install a remote start and I end up with two fobs.

Turtle

Reaction score
Speaking of remote starters... do we have a install guy on the board or a sponsor?

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Reaction score
I do installs but my back is all fucked up right now. Hopefully I will be back at it in a few weeks

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
You know you can add a remote start to your car for like 100 bucks using your factory key fob....

torquelover

Reaction score
What's the best route if you don't want to use your factory fob? No way my fob will reach the car from my desk/office.

torquelover

Reaction score
You can do one fucking mile away? What in the flying fuck...
Most likely line of sight. 3 mile line of sight is out now.

I'm in a mostly metal and concrete building, no windows, that fully blocks my cell phone. I'm thinking a walk to an outer door will be mandatory unless I go wifi enabled of some sort.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom