đź”– Deals Remote start/Alarm's starting @ $120 Installed (northwest side of Chi-94 & Elston)

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Yeah I don't want to talk shit about the shop or anything, because it very well could be within the Avital box, and had nothing to do with their install. The guys that I dealt with were nothing but professional and cool, just wish they were still around so they could help out with this, because I don't know how or where they wired everything in, and neither does the shop I took it to.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
I do remote start installs at my shop. Call for exact pricing for your vehicle.

AutoTecx Auto Repair - Auto Repair - Rogers Park - Chicago, IL - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

Looks like the shop that did my remote start/keyless entry system is closed...was hoping to take my car to them, considering they installed it. Car will just constantly start locking itself while driving down the road, especially over bumps in the road...which leads me to believe that something is loose in the module, or there's some wiring that's worked its way loose and shorting over each other. The lock switch on the door doesn't work (although it started working again this morning for some reason), the keyfob will lock the car sometimes...the solenoid or whatever fires...but the car won't lock. Sometimes if you press unlock then lock right after on the fob, the car will lock. It's really pissing me off.

So maybe you can help, at least, point me in the right direction from what it's doing....the system is an Avital 4103L on an '08 Crown Victoria....no chip keys

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Spent twice as much to return the car back to stock, than I did to get the remote start installed in the first place....even though I had gone with a reputable brand and a model with "good" reviews...not sure I'll ever do an aftermarket remote start again after this whole debacle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info