Remington to file for bankruptcy

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Reaction score
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-02-12/cerberus-s-remington-will-cede-control-to-lenders-in-bankruptcy

Bloomberg doesn't allow for copy and paste so long story short the business is failing despite Trump. The gun industry has ramped up, producing 11 million guns in 2016. The name won't go away but might be dissolved.
The main owner of the company, Cerabus, tried to sell the company after the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting. But as you might have guessed, no one wanted to take over that PR nightmare and they were forced to keep taking losses because of its involvement.

So people bought more guns under Obama but since the pressures of "democratic intervention" eased, no one bought more guns.

b00sted

He's Still Your President
Reaction score
It has more to do with the fact that their quality control has gone to complete shit over the past 10 years or so. My 700 rusts if I look at it the wrong way.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
It has more to do with the fact that their quality control has gone to complete shit over the past 10 years or so. My 700 rusts if I look at it the wrong way.
Pretty much. People consider the fit and finish of an H&R Pardner knockoff as good or better than a typical 870. Should tell you a lot. The R51 was a debacle, as were the 700 safety recalls. They let the bean counters get in way too deep and couldn't even be profitable at Obama's peak stupidity. When all the gun companies who don't suck are booming and they're busting what does that tell you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom