Remind me again why everyone hates on "newer" Metallica?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
2570D8AD-7838-4A28-A56A-F952BEFE3FAA.jpeg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
IMHO, they were trying too hard to squeeze out more hits at the end while not trying to be mainstream, if that makes sense. If you watch the movie Metallica: Through the Never you see the struggle. I had to walk away from Metallica for a while because it was played out for me. You know what brought me back? The song they did with Lady Gaga. Truth. At the end of the day on my way home I can listen to them on spotify. Plenty of cool riffs in the newer albums.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Metallica is amazing. I was a huge fan Garage Days, Kill ‘me All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All......then the Black album came out and I was like WTF?!!? I used to have the mindset of them being sellouts, being an adult I look back on it I was stupid to have that thought process. I think it is common to have that type of mindset when you are young because you want their music to only be liked by a select few, it’s a way of being different and having an identity. Metallica grew to be crazy popular, not because they were sellouts, because they are fucking awesome. Nothing more. They were chasing success and they got it, became huge, and reaped the rewards.

Reactions: ragingclue

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Not a huge rock fan or whatever Metallica is considered. But I saw them in concert probably 20yrs ago in Cicero. Them, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. LB was booed off the stage like 3 songs in to their set. We waited forever for Metallica to take the stage because of it. Those MFers put on a fucking show. Has to be one of if not the best concert I have ever seen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info