Remind me again why everyone hates on "newer" Metallica?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I've been jamming HARD to their last few albums lately. Shit is great to blast in the car. Yet everyone seems to hate anything that is from Load on.

I seem to recall making this thread years back but always good to get a fresh perspective on whats cool to hate these days.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
:dunno: I liked Death Magnetic for the most part. Haven’t really listened to any of their new stuff solely because and no other real reason.

There’s a complete re-record of St Anger on YT and dare I say, it’s actually very good. No ringing steel tom. :rofl:

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cause I grew up with Kill Em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets.... Just not a fan of the newer stuff, could just be that I’m older now. :dunno:

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
It’s like their Garage Inc days. I thought that album was great because it’s all songs THEY grew up on and recorded/played them to their flavor. My dad fucking HATES Garage Inc and I literally can’t understand why. It’s them just having fun.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cause as the Offspring once said, its cool to hate.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
Because I’m not a big rock/metal fan outside of Linkin Park

GLADIATOR

Are you not entertained?
Donating Member
Reaction score
IMHO, they were trying too hard to squeeze out more hits at the end while not trying to be mainstream, if that makes sense. If you watch the movie Metallica: Through the Never you see the struggle. I had to walk away from Metallica for a while because it was played out for me. You know what brought me back? The song they did with Lady Gaga. Truth. At the end of the day on my way home I can listen to them on spotify. Plenty of cool riffs in the newer albums.

greasy

2021 Player Hater Nominee
Donating Member
Reaction score
Metallica is amazing. I was a huge fan Garage Days, Kill ‘me All, Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, And Justice for All......then the Black album came out and I was like WTF?!!? I used to have the mindset of them being sellouts, being an adult I look back on it I was stupid to have that thought process. I think it is common to have that type of mindset when you are young because you want their music to only be liked by a select few, it’s a way of being different and having an identity. Metallica grew to be crazy popular, not because they were sellouts, because they are fucking awesome. Nothing more. They were chasing success and they got it, became huge, and reaped the rewards.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Typical band, IMO. Musicians aren't the most conservative or "solid" people around. Love 'em or hate 'em. Listen or don't listen. They have some good tunes.

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
All garbage.

DEATH. NUCLEAR. BURNING. FIRE. DEATH. REPENT. NEGATIVE. DESTRUCTIVE.

That's basically all they do. Shout random cool sounding words. :rolleyes:

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I usually blast All Nightmare Long whenever I'm going anywhere that takes 10 minutes or less.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
:sick: :puke: Id rather listen to the band that has the same shit drums in every song called Disturbed or the lets crank out 97 ablums real quick band called Five Finger Death Punch.

Bring me the Horizon
I prevail
Fever 333

My 3 go tos right now.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I usually blast All Nightmare Long whenever I'm going anywhere that takes 10 minutes or less.

FTMFW this song is so fucking awesome.

the music video is pretty fucking neat too.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
probably some Lord Tin Foilhat tinfoilhat bullshit in there about aliens taking us over currently or whatever but i love that song.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not a huge rock fan or whatever Metallica is considered. But I saw them in concert probably 20yrs ago in Cicero. Them, Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. LB was booed off the stage like 3 songs in to their set. We waited forever for Metallica to take the stage because of it. Those MFers put on a fucking show. Has to be one of if not the best concert I have ever seen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom