Remembering 9-11 . 19 years already

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I was listening to it unfold on the radio on my way into work. Never made it past the lobby. Hundreds of us watching the monitors as the second plane hit. A gasp went through the room. Had a newborn at home, he’s 19 now.

president of the company came out, and told us all to go home to our families.

beautiful day, but a feeling of dread hung in the air.

so eerie with no planes in the sky after all planes were grounded.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
I was at working drilling deep holes for hospital expansion project in Elgin. I went inside the hospital to use the restroom and that is when I first heard of what had happened. Went back outside to tell my coworker and we sat in our pickup truck listening in shock and disbelief to the radio. I do remember hearing about the first plane hitting the building and the media reporting it as an accident. I remember thinking that there is no way an airliner hitting one of the Twin Towers was accident. No way in hell with modern tech, training and flight paths. And soon after that a second plane hit. We listened a bit longer. Quickly finished our stuff and left the site ASAP. Going home and being with my wife who just had a miscarriage watching the news reports.

Chris91LX

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 2, 2008
Crystal Lake
I was working for United at the time. I was a ramp guy, fueling the planes. I watched it all on TV and then went into work that afternoon. It was an eerie place to work for the following month. We went in and basically did nothing, planes were all in the gates with the jet bridges pulled back. We didn't even start taking the bags off the planes for a few days and everything got scanned. 6 weeks later they laid off everyone who didn't have at least 5-6 years seniority.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It was such a powerful tragedy. Even though I was only in 7th grade at the time it still hits me. I don’t know about anyone else but I cried at both memorials. I have zero personal connection to any deaths, but I was simply over come with grief. If you have been to either you know.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
At least all these Twitter and Facebook turds are out there downplaying 9/11 saying covid was the biggest tragedy and a way bigger deal. There’s more to it than the number of casualties but there’s no explaining shit to Karen’s and kens.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
And I do believe there’s ALOT more to 9/11 than what we already know.

Like possible explosives planted in the twin towers. There was a 3rd building that collapsed right near the towers. That building definitely looked like it was wired with explosives for detonation.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: sickmint79 and IZZy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info