Remembering 9-11 . 19 years already

Spectragod

Addict
Reaction score
I realize some of you were in grade school at the time but it still is close enough to sting for me.

Had trouble getting on site to post this up sooner when I realized no one else had done so already.

Never forget.

View attachment 66793
I remember that day well, lost a few brothers and sisters in those buildings.....

Still have friends that had to take disability afterward.

#neverforget

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I remember this like it was yesterday. 8th grade, ISTEP testing day, sitting in advisory with this on TV.

So sad to think about. RIP to the innocent people lost and the heroes that gave their lives trying to save others

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Side tanget here for a minute.

Is this one of those dates that is cursed? I'm getting married next September and the 11th (a Saturday) was open at just about every venue and my fiance was 100% opposed to getting married on 9/11. I thought that was ridiculous. Am I wrong?

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
Donating Member
Reaction score
19 years ago today I was in my Air Force dorm room still in bed when people were knocking on my door telling me to wake up because a plane flew into the WTC. I thought they were playing a prank because it was late and I felt lazy. I only realized it was real when I heard a key unlock my door and my Commander walked in. Suddenly, I didn't feel so lazy. Never forget.

OP
zenriddles

zenriddles

The Swamp won. :-(
Reaction score
Side tanget here for a minute.

my fiance was 100% opposed to getting married on 9/11. I thought that was ridiculous. Am I wrong?
Yeah. But not as much about 9-11 as it is about the wedding and anything affiliated with it.

Make no mistake - it is HER wedding, and you are just an important prop.

You are about to enter into a captive breeding program and she holds that key now. One does not wish to be reminded for eternity that 'everything in the world is wrong because you didn't listen to me on our wedding day'.

Give her everything she wants - you'll thank me later.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah. But not as much about 9-11 as it is about the wedding and anything affiliated with it.

Make no mistake - it is HER wedding, and you are just an important prop.

You are about to enter into a captive breeding program and she holds that key now. One does not wish to be reminded for eternity that 'everything in the world is wrong because you didn't listen to me on our wedding day'.

Give her everything she wants - you'll thank me later.
We chose a different date. I'm just over here like "well does that mean we can't do anything important on this date now?" God forbid a birthday or something.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Reaction score
Never forget, we’ll it helps remind me of my wife/I wedding anniversary.

We were married in 1999,

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
In high shool. 2nd period.
Ditto, on my way to 2nd or 3rd period Health class. Buddy came bounding up the hall telling everyone a plane flew into the world trade center. Figured it was some Cessna or some idiot that tried to fly inbetween. Got our teacher to turn on the projector that had TV on right as the second plane hit. Just basically sat in silence for the rest of the period, and basically every teacher, expect our geometry teacher, had the TV on the rest of the day. It was definitely a surreal day.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting up, I didn’t have time this morning zenriddles zenriddles

This is such a vivid memory for me, I was in high school at the time. Images still make my stomach hurt.
I went looking for one about an hour ago, and didn't see it. Was a bit surprised. Thought it might have been buried in another thread

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
As men, we are ruled by our women. All we can do is flip the script when we have an opportunity.

"Honey, remember you didn't want to get married on 9/11? Would you want our kids to be born on that date? For the month of January, we had better do different kinds of sex. For the children. Don't worry, I will be gentle... unless I start thinking about those terrorists. You understand, right?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom