🔧 BUILD remember the twin engine olds?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Aside from the ATI it is the only SFI certified balancer as the band/weight is solidly retained by the engines mass and a large snap ring. The only thing holding the factory steel band on is the rubber elastomer and when it separates it gets messy real quick as it rapidly self disassembles

The power bond does use a rubber elastomer. The ATI has O-rings holding centered the band/mass and a silicone resistive fluid

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
After a couple of weekends of not getting to work on it and having to clean my garage instead it was nice to do some wrenching.
Core is on, finished the heat exchanger tank.
I still have a couple of things to do but we are go on filling with coolant and once we check for fuel leaks should be able to start this bugger.
I kind of want to finish the LSX style coils first but I'm probably just gonna slap a DIS set up on it...
Once I verify it starts and runs I'll go ahead and put the torque converter bolts in it and start to verify whether this trans is worth our time....

I still have to cut and weld the temporary axles but I also still have to pull the front apart for the new 1500 lb Springs and finally installing the calipers for final Plumbing anyways.

It may be the middle of winter but God damn it this f***** is driving this year

20220924_174950.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Okay so picture the left side of my right thumb and then picture the end of a hot dog that you over microwave..... where it splits down the side.....

If that's not enough image I can post a picture but you may regret it.

I should have just super glued it and used electrical tape they're going to charge me a boatload of money for this stupidity.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info