Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah it'll be an L26/67 in the front and an L32 in the rear

the rear setup is basically all the parts we acquired for the 04

L32 with oiling mods/notched bores
used MLS headgaskets and my qwik ported no core shift mold 25 and 34 heads machined for manley necked intakes and severe duty exh valves
xp or IS3 with the C clip modified mellings lifters, 150's & Ti retainers from manley, rollmaster dbl roller Tchain machined properly
stock rockers but prob with some special length thicker pushrods since i tend to be picky about low lifter preload.
windage tray mods and oilpan with #4 crank scraper welded in and F&R bungs for future turbo oil drain, -16 external sump for OE pickup and filter neck delete
-12 external filter and oil cooler with 2quart accusump solenoid controlled oil accumulator for prelube
arp everything, head and main studs, flexplate bolts, rocker
billet mezier flexplate, OD 8rib SFI damper and 8 rib pulleys
LIM port matched and ported for the highly modified (originally a brand new gen3 wbs IC) diverter tongue equipped, and machined for special gen5 core location to allow for full flow post IC to BBV passage, core reworked for singlepass with parallel circuits
Meziere IC pump, icebox and BMW radiator HE and Y splitters for the core hoses (4 total)
ported, shaved snout, even rubbed and tugged, 2001 production zero mile gen 4.9 blower (very early production gen5, lots of casting/machining differences) and N* adaptor and TB with LQ4 and we are probably gonna ditch the drivers rear quarter window with an inlet...fuckit
exhaust will be modified pacesetter headers, welded, and some of the notorious shitty spots inside ground out, bent and dented to clear the 4t80e "caddy" transaxle, prob do like the fiero guys and just slap an ebay 70mm on the DP and twin charge it. we have craploads more room than the fiero fuckers :rofl:
fatman -10 rails with l32 pulsation dampers, 90lb injectors -10 and 8 lines to a Comp EFI pump and aeromotive FPR (front will be fed with the current old as hell but really low hour aeromotive and the current -6an system)

with the rear not being hampered by traction we are gonna put as much power back there as we can from the get-go

he's been collecting parts for some time, im glad he's done swooning over the 04 cause it will never be as cool as the 442 :jg:
IMG_1393.jpg

i figure the front should run about 300ish at the wheels and the rear better hit over 350, so thats 600+ at all 4 wheels in a (Al's already started hacking things out) hopefully sub 4000lb car....

then fuckit... we'll just spray it/slap ebay turbo junk on it and hope it doesnt follow directly in the steps of the original Hurst "Hairy" Oldsmobile....into the wall....twice :hsughlol:

i figure its gonna be the only 3800 SC car to run down HK :roflpicard:

Last edited:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
we've thought about going straight to DBW but that would require us to get an 04+ harness and we already have a whole 01 GT harness.

either cable of dbw im looking at it being a hand throttle so he can use his foot to regulate the front to keep it from spinning and the rear will be fully loaded and at wot most of the time.

id imagine it would be a blast on a roadcoarse :rofl:

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
What are you referring too, installed heigt? Or, the physical size of them?

Physical size of them....

LSx style on the bottom...and either the middle or top is a Manley TI retainer and the other stock....or both the middle and top is TI.

2012-04-10_20-34-04_895.jpg

They do have the clearance to run an XP or similar cam though. They just don't fit lsx springs well.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I think you got better things to work on then a twin engine olds that hasn't ran in years...

May I suggest you remove the transmission from Kevin's Turbo Regal so he can take it to TEP to get rebuilt?

That car needs to be ready by the end of April so he can attend Regal Madness. Start now, relax later. That way you are not working on the car non-stop 24/7 for a week up until Regal Madness. Just saying he would be pretty pissed and probably put a cam in the TA if he wasn't able to bring his car to that meet again.

You will say its winter. Yes it is, but currently we do not have any snow on the ground and we are experiencing above average temperatures. PANDA does not see any significant snow for a while so what better time then now?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Isn't it hk's car why doesn't he pull the trans, everybody blames James for everything on that car

its hk's car but my build/project. the trans needs to get pulled and while its out ill be inspecting the motor and doing a little work on the fuel rails to plumb them in parallel and layover the injector a degree more.

this is the 442, a project ive had with my best friend forever
as mentioned Al hangs out and we work on the damn thing

HK has not been showing much urgency in the matter anyway. I did not help by buying a $50 snowmobile and working on it at James's
it does need to get done but so does everything else :hsughlol:

the snowmobile isnt a big deal all i did was go through the carb and vacuum some crap out

i remember this from back on the T/O site when it only had one motor.

get this running again!

it will have one motor again for a bit but it will be drivable

after all he needs to be able to drive it when we eventually swap his 04 back to a full mpg built L26 with 6 piston dings... to end up with two gen5's for the 442 :jg:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
just some qwikported heads with crow 105's and lsx retainers, viton seals and oem keepers
you can see its really not much other than a bit of work around the guides and in the throat to bowl transition...smoothed the machined ridges....etc.
IMG_0483.jpg

heads should work well with the s1x and ssic
you can see the lovely pulsation dampened -10an fatman fuel rail
IMG_0487.jpg

nothing bolted down but the heads are painted and ready to get screwed down the next time Al can come out and play
IMG_0488.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info