Reliable FFL?

skeezer

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
GAT Guns won't accept new guns, so I'll have to use someone else.

R Guns is close by but have only been in there 1 time. Don't know much about those guys.

Just want somewhere close to my house in Carpentersville that will receive a new gun.

Recommendations please. Thanks.

PANDA

Reaction score
What you mean GAT Guns will only accept new guns? Only new guns brought through them?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
What you mean GAT Guns will only accept new guns? Only new guns brought through them?
I think he is saying that will not accept new guns as a transfer. As in if I were to buy a gun from Buds, and need a transfer, they would not do it. I know a couple places I tried at first did not want to do the transfer either, because they wanted to sell me the gun for the extra $70 I would have been saving.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Doc's Guns in Downers Grove and Breech and Barrel off rt 59 in Plainfield are the two I use.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
I've never heard of that and it's pretty shitty on GATs part. I have done about 10 FFLs with Gun Doctor in Roselle, all on new guns.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
GAT will only receive a new gun if they can't order it.
these fucking jews, it used to be just charging you 50 or more to transfer in (we'll charge you double the average because your not buying from us). Then you need to spend double range time if you want to shoot a rifle/pistol. I'll probably share my disgust and exclusively use on-target for range time.

skeezer

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
There's so many naive people these days, they all flood into GAT and pay whatever they ask. They don't give a fuck.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
these fucking jews, it used to be just charging you 50 or more to transfer in (we'll charge you double the average because your not buying from us). Then you need to spend double range time if you want to shoot a rifle/pistol. I'll probably share my disgust and exclusively use on-target for range time.
Rinks is 75, but their range is cheap. Probably the reason I go there tbh.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I used to buy from GAT years ago when they were mostly decent.
But after Obama got elected and during the big rush on guns, I was sickened to see all the price gouging that they engaged in.

$45 for a box of ammo that normally cost $15.
$80 for a magazine that normally cost $28.

A few years ago I went to buy a S&W Shield from them and they wanted $550. That was it, I never went back.

I only deal with private gun dealers from now on.

PANDA

Reaction score

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Marengo Guns. They do transfers for $10-$20. Problem solved.

TURBOC1

Reaction score
Dan is great, but another great FFL is

Trident custom coating 224 484 8396 in east dundee. Just tell Ty that Jeff from Land Rover sent you.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
When was it robbed? I heard a couple kanyes tried to plan a robbery but were caught before they could act on it.
That's the only time I heard it about it trying to be robbed. The upstanding citizens got arrested right away.

And Marengo Guns is right on Rt 20 about 10-15 minutes North of Big Timber. Not a sketchy area by any means.

They usually have good sales on some guns and that's usually my goto for transfers.

Last edited:

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
That's the only time I heard it about it trying to be robbed. The upstairs ding citizens got arrested right away.

And Marengo Guns is right on Rt 20 about 10-15 minutes North of Big Timber. Not a sketchy area by any means.

They usually have good sales on some guns and that's usually my goto for transfers.
Dude, I remember the days of having to go to a gun store. Screw that. I get treated like a punk everytime I step into one.

If I want to "touch a gun" I'll buy it online for $100-200 cheaper, have my FFL transfer it for $20. If I don't like it, I'll probably still make money selling it used!

Local Gun shops aren't going to last very much longer.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I go every so often when I want to take a look at something. When it comes to rifles, I sell the parts (including lowers and complete rifles). Only thing I have to do with selling a serialized product is have it transferred through a FFL of the buyers choice.

But I do like Marengo Guns. I actually bought my handguns through them and with good pricing that was hard to beat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom