Regal Turbo Build

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I’d back off timing until you feel a loss in TQ then bring it up a degree. You can run a lot of timing, but it is still raising combustion temps even if it’s not detonating. Lower timing will keep the turbo happy too. I have a more efficient head, but even at lower boost (18ish) I don’t like to run more than 14 on top. Boost owns timing.

Reactions: TurboTPI
18° is like mildly aggressive and shouldn't have been a problem at all on E85 IF you weren't running out of fuel. E85 likes 11.0-11.5AFR.
That’s kinda what I thought. I
I’d back off timing until you feel a loss in TQ then bring it up a degree. You can run a lot of timing, but it is still raising combustion temps even if it’s not detonating. Lower timing will keep the turbo happy too. I have a more efficient head, but even at lower boost (18ish) I don’t like to run more than 14 on top. Boost owns timing.
I definitely agree. I was scanning the car for the last few months, but it’s been so hot that it’s always pulling timing because of the hot iat. I was seeing 16-17 degrees max normally. The past few days with cool air let it give it the max timing. It definitely felt like it was running alittle stronger than normal haha. My bad. I am almost positive that every time this thing breaks it’s my fault haha. This poor car. Haha

This is me haha. And I don’t care ?

00FBE9E3-8027-4DA9-AF03-1E1076DEAB3D.jpeg

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Why don’t you set up the IAT table as a ignition controller? Run the IAT wire to a rotary switch with resistor values to spoof the temps. Set up your table to correspond to the switch. Then you have full control on the fly

also, are you using an L67 or L36 timing set? L36 is 2 degrees advanced cam timing if I’m not mistaken. Probably would hit peak dynamic compression too early with the L36 set. I have the luxury of being able to tune the cams electronically on my current ride, I have to dial in a bunch of overlap in the midrange to keep dynamic compression down, or it gets unhappy

Why don’t you set up the IAT table as a ignition controller? Run the IAT wire to a rotary switch with resistor values to spoof the temps. Set up your table to correspond to the switch. Then you have full control on the fly

also, are you using an L67 or L36 timing set? L36 is 2 degrees advanced cam timing if I’m not mistaken. Probably would hit peak dynamic compression too early with the L36 set. I have the luxury of being able to tune the cams electronically on my current ride, I have to dial in a bunch of overlap in the midrange to keep dynamic compression down, or it gets unhappy
I have a ZZP VS cam with roller chain for an L67

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Turbo W-body's sound verrrry good. The Broken Regal The Broken Regal's car sounds even better with the header manifolds.
It’s amazing how different a FWD turbo 3800 sounds compared to a header/m90 3800 sounds. But I must admit, m_dogg’s car sound’s very good for an m90 car! I’d want my car to sound like his if I didn’t go turbo.
I think he meant that I have a turbo header setup, OG zzp custom setup like pre-z7 kit stuff

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info