Regal Turbo Build

So close. Finished the exhaust this morning. Got two of my silicone couplers, the one at the throttle body should be here tomorrow or Wednesday.

6194C30A-B565-4EB0-9AAE-F2732E9EA110.jpeg

non-ic'd??? Man, it takes like 2 solid hours to route the piping for that and not only adds ease to the tuning but so much power. You're probably leaving 100hp on the table, even with the E85 running without an intercooler.

I definitely plan on adding one later on for sure. Just want to get it back on the road now. I have an air-to-air that should fit nice. I will get some piping for it and fab that up alittle later. I had a unintercooled Heaton with a 2.8”, I figure an unintercooled turbo can’t be any worse than that haha.

Well, that’s pretty much the final setup for now. Next question, I have an LQ4 maf on the car. I put it pre turbo, as a draw through setup. Anyone ever do a draw through maf on a 3800 car? I know it can be done successfully on other vehicles, but can’t say I’ve ever seen it on 3800’s. I could always just go back to the stock maf now if that would be better.

527A8F60-0103-4780-90CF-807A5A367FF2.jpeg

Reactions: m_dogg and Mook

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Unfortunately there aren’t any easy trans swaps on these cars. So I’m kinda stuck with it, atleast for now. 4t80 would be sweet, but it’s not a feasible option for me at this point, unless someone comes out with a swap kit of come kind.
check out ls4king on instagram. He's running 80's and has mount kits. and basically manually shifts the trans.

So I’m no professional tuner by any means, so anyone with some tuning experience mind looking at this and let me know why my injector duty cycle drops during a WOT pull. I know I’m at the max of the MAF (and injectors) but will that cause this? I’m kinda lost. I’m afraid I’m going to burn a piston if this keeps happening, as you can see it instantly starts to knock when this happens.

04068CBF-5224-482C-8B47-121E60CDEB2C.jpeg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It's because you're maxing out the map, the O2 also shows a lack of fuel and the knock retard is also showing the lack of fuel. You should be able to scale that maf table and get rid of all the points that aren't used under idle and move the maf table down to increase the ceiling.

edit: Forget the MAF part, you're not maxing that out, so NVM lol.

Reactions: Pewter-Camaro
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info