Regal Turbo Build

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Silicone the water port holes and I like to drill the rivets out and coat everything in that copper spray, then restack for assembly.

Only reasoning for that is because what I was told many years ago. And it has never failed me.
That’s how I always did it with mls gaskets, I then switched to stock gm gaskets and head studs and never had issues up to 25ish psi

I painted the calipers sliver today. On the car, yea it’s lazy, but honestly, I don’t care haha. Going to let them sit over night. I think the silver will look nice. I’m going to get some black Brembo stickers to put on them too.

4FD67948-379C-4AD1-9750-390F2C7F8CF1.jpeg

Reactions: GTPpower and m_dogg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
clean the shit outta the hubs and rotor backsides, preferably with scrapers and not grinders. you want as close to zero runout as you can with fixed calipers or youll kill piston cup seals as they occilate back and forth in the bores

even a little paint/grit can screw you

lazy is fine, just dont cut corners

Reactions: TurboTPI
So, I had alittle scare this past weekend. Last Thursday, was driving home from work and noticed as pulling up to a stop, the car is missing. Ok, kinda weird as I was literally just cruising, not making any wot hits or anything. Scan it and it’s missing on cyl# 1. I thought ok, finally I hurt this poor old 3800 that’s been abused severely for years haha. I pull the valve cover and loosen the rocker arms to do a leak down, assuming i chipped a piston and notice the intake valve was open as I loosen the intake rocker thats on top dead center. I figure I’ll just start it quick with the rocker loose and see what happens. Thing runs smoother than ever with the intake rocker loose. Come to find out the lifter came apart and was holding the valve open. Crisis averted, tossed in a new lifter, all good. Anyone ever see this before? The spring clip that holds the lifter together popped off. No other damage.

CF563B47-EE18-4218-97EB-E406675D6EF6.jpeg

I made it to the track yesterday finally, nothing very impressive happened, couldn't 60ft the car at all (old nitto street tires). 2.2 60ft was best I could get in the two runs I got in. Best was 12.6 @ 117mph. about .5 second faster than my M90 setup with drag radials. 10mph faster tho, so that shows a decent improvement over the blower haha. The track was getting super packed and i figured i didn't break anything, so I called it a day. Drove there and back no issues at all, even managed 23-24mpg on e85, not bad. There was a clean pearl white SC Riviera there, didn't see it make a pass tho.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info