Drag to reposition cover

Regal Turbo Build

CHI2000GTP

Grand Prix Junkie
Reaction score
Dude! The turbo plated GTP was me. I do remember seeing a nice looking Regal flame out out on the side of Rt. 83 just a few weeks ago. I was first off the line at that light and smashed the gas when it turned green. I think you changed lanes and we’re coming up behind me... Anyway, I came right back that way and a tow truck was helping you out. I remember seeing the dual exhaust with dual tips and thinking to myself you only see those types of “mods” in the 3800 community.... wonder if there’s anything special ‘bout that Regal. Sure enough. Special. I’m very local to that area if you ever wanna shoot the 3800 shit. I’ve got that turbo and a nice GTP stocker that Ive done a TON of work on. It’s currently got the engine out and trans getting fixed at Redline. Maybe we will meet up on the line next time. Turbo build vs. Turbo build.

v6buicks

Reaction score
I would still be into 3800s and have my monte carlo if there was a trans solution. After needing a rebuild for the 3rd time, I was out.
It always makes me sad to hear about people getting out of the 3800 game, but I can't say that I blame them. Trans conversions are no walk in park especially for transverse stuff. For a while I tried preaching in favor of the V6 F-bodies, but without a factory boosted version and the LS being the other option, it's a very hard sell even for other die hard 3800 guys. I'm well on my way to trashing a T5 anyway.

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
Dude! The turbo plated GTP was me. I do remember seeing a nice looking Regal flame out out on the side of Rt. 83 just a few weeks ago. I was first off the line at that light and smashed the gas when it turned green. I think you changed lanes and we’re coming up behind me... Anyway, I came right back that way and a tow truck was helping you out. I remember seeing the dual exhaust with dual tips and thinking to myself you only see those types of “mods” in the 3800 community.... wonder if there’s anything special ‘bout that Regal. Sure enough. Special. I’m very local to that area if you ever wanna shoot the 3800 shit. I’ve got that turbo and a nice GTP stocker that Ive done a TON of work on. It’s currently got the engine out and trans getting fixed at Redline. Maybe we will meet up on the line next time. Turbo build vs. Turbo build.
haha, yep that was definitely me. 83 and North Ave. I was so pissed/embarrassed when it broke! I really wanted to try and make a run with you. But anyway, Ill for sure be back out with it soon. This week hopefully. And yes, definitely down to talk 3800 stuff with you some time. 👍🏼

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
It always makes me sad to hear about people getting out of the 3800 game, but I can't say that I blame them. Trans conversions are no walk in park especially for transverse stuff. For a while I tried preaching in favor of the V6 F-bodies, but without a factory boosted version and the LS being the other option, it's a very hard sell even for other die hard 3800 guys. I'm well on my way to trashing a T5 anyway.
I honestly would love to do a turbo 3800 F-body. If I ever find a decent one for cheap I’m definitely getting it!

v6buicks

Reaction score
Hey wait a minute. What are you doing with that turbo Buick hood?! From what little I can see that hood pad looks mint!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
*things 3800 people say*

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
So, basically, just been driving the car daily, and easy, just a few wot rips here and there. My buddy has access to a dyno, he is a tuner (does mostly LS stuff) but has a couple hours this Friday booked and said we could do a couple pull's with my car if i wanted. I really want to, but I'm super scared to break this fucking trans again. I've never dynoed a car before, so how do 4t65's like dyno pulls. Is it super harsh on them, or is it better than doing a street pull? Or does it not matter? haha

GTPpower

Reaction score
My buddy popped his 3rd sprag on the Dyno. Other than that, you usually won't hurt them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom