Drag to reposition cover

Regal Turbo Build

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
What kind of power do you think my 60lb injectors with E85 can support. Just curious. Not that I plan on maxing them out but I may “turn it up” once in awhile haha

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
non-ic'd??? Man, it takes like 2 solid hours to route the piping for that and not only adds ease to the tuning but so much power. You're probably leaving 100hp on the table, even with the E85 running without an intercooler.

v6buicks

Reaction score
I used to hate the look of the ZZP intercoolers, but I can't even use that as an excuse since the update. The new ones are so slick! If I had an M90 car I'd probably buy an intercooler before I even bought pullies. That's just me.

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
non-ic'd??? Man, it takes like 2 solid hours to route the piping for that and not only adds ease to the tuning but so much power. You're probably leaving 100hp on the table, even with the E85 running without an intercooler.
I definitely plan on adding one later on for sure. Just want to get it back on the road now. I have an air-to-air that should fit nice. I will get some piping for it and fab that up alittle later. I had a unintercooled Heaton with a 2.8”, I figure an unintercooled turbo can’t be any worse than that haha.

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
Well, that’s pretty much the final setup for now. Next question, I have an LQ4 maf on the car. I put it pre turbo, as a draw through setup. Anyone ever do a draw through maf on a 3800 car? I know it can be done successfully on other vehicles, but can’t say I’ve ever seen it on 3800’s. I could always just go back to the stock maf now if that would be better.

527A8F60-0103-4780-90CF-807A5A367FF2.jpeg

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
The stock maf location with the screen is much better IMO.

And just put a filter on the turbo, why complicate things for no reason?

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
I was going to go with a N* TB before I decided to go turbo. I did the LQ4 maf before I actually did the throttle body. So I figured since I have it wired up now, I’d try it. I didn’t use a plug and play harness, so I’ll have to cut the current maf connector off and rewire the stock one back in. No big deal though

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
You can try it but tuning for that is going to be tough because it's so far away from the intake manifold/throttle body.

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
Thanks for the support guys. I feel a trans build coming soon hahaha. I’m kidding but seriously it’s probably coming. Hopefully later than sooner

bs009

not so well-known member
Reaction score
You planning on sticking with the 4t65e? Lot of turbo guys seem to give up on these cars once they start killing trannies.

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
Unfortunately there aren’t any easy trans swaps on these cars. So I’m kinda stuck with it, atleast for now. 4t80 would be sweet, but it’s not a feasible option for me at this point, unless someone comes out with a swap kit of come kind.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately there aren’t any easy trans swaps on these cars. So I’m kinda stuck with it, atleast for now. 4t80 would be sweet, but it’s not a feasible option for me at this point, unless someone comes out with a swap kit of come kind.
check out ls4king on instagram. He's running 80's and has mount kits. and basically manually shifts the trans.

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
So I’m no professional tuner by any means, so anyone with some tuning experience mind looking at this and let me know why my injector duty cycle drops during a WOT pull. I know I’m at the max of the MAF (and injectors) but will that cause this? I’m kinda lost. I’m afraid I’m going to burn a piston if this keeps happening, as you can see it instantly starts to knock when this happens.

04068CBF-5224-482C-8B47-121E60CDEB2C.jpeg

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
I also notice that it seems to happen right as map pressure hits 200kpa. Would that cause it? I don’t see how that would cause the ecm to pull fuel.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
It's because you're maxing out the map, the O2 also shows a lack of fuel and the knock retard is also showing the lack of fuel. You should be able to scale that maf table and get rid of all the points that aren't used under idle and move the maf table down to increase the ceiling.

edit: Forget the MAF part, you're not maxing that out, so NVM lol.

10sec

Donating Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't the MAP read to 300?

OP
T

TurboTPI

Reaction score
It appears to hit 200kpa and that’s it. But I adjusted some of the min-max on the chart, the maf is maxing out. So that can definitely cause the fuel to go lean like that? I figured it would just kinda stop adding fuel at that point, not pull fuel?

image.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom