đź”– Deals Refurb FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Refurb FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System for $22 + $5 s&h - V2222

As one of its daily deals, Meh offers the refurbished FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System, model no. V2222, for $22 plus $5 for shipping. That's tied with last month's refurb mention and $43 under the lowest total price we could find for a new unit. It includes a 10-foot roll of plastic, three quart bags, two gallon bags, and an accessory hose. A 1-Year FoodSaver warranty is included. Deal ends today. $89 (NEW) AT AMAZON

g7p77jl9czrjsrbqdlnn.png

https://meh.com/

I have, I love.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yeah you do, this is a deal. We Costco it up and then fill the bag with seasonings and marinades and the meat gets frozen in smaller quantities. Then upon defrost they are ready for cooking.

for me, i just toss the frozen bag right into the sous vide... last night had a ribeye this way then seared it in the broiler. sofuckinggood

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yeah you do, this is a deal. We Costco it up and then fill the bag with seasonings and marinades and the meat gets frozen in smaller quantities. Then upon defrost they are ready for cooking.

how do you fill it with marinades and still get a good seal? Mine pulls the fluid into the sealing area and then doesn't necessarily seal if there is too much fluid, is there some kind of technique? or do you just use a very small amount of marinade?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
+1 on having one of these.

When the air is removed from the bag, food lasts much longer in the freezer without getting "freezer burn and freezer taste".

We do the same thing as mentioned above. We buy in bulk from Sam's and then split up the meat into meal size portions. It gets sealed, goes into the freezer and can be used for months.

BTW, you can use any bags that fit with most of these machines. You don't need to buy the more expensive manufacturer rolls/bags.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
how do you fill it with marinades and still get a good seal? Mine pulls the fluid into the sealing area and then doesn't necessarily seal if there is too much fluid, is there some kind of technique? or do you just use a very small amount of marinade?

Use gravity to keep the marinade in the bottom of the bag, suck the air out and just as the air is pulled out and the marinade starts to get sucked out you manually seal... After doing 2 or 3 you will get the sweet spot!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
BTW, I recently upgraded to a Nesco. It does a better job vacuuming and sealing than my original vacuum machine. I thought the $57 price was a good deal although it's three times the amount of this sale priced sealer. Just throwing it out in case anyone likes the Cadillac version over the Chevy.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IUAK39A/?tag=tcg21-20

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info