Refurb FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Refurb FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System for $22 + $5 s&h - V2222

As one of its daily deals, Meh offers the refurbished FoodSaver Vacuum Sealing System, model no. V2222, for $22 plus $5 for shipping. That's tied with last month's refurb mention and $43 under the lowest total price we could find for a new unit. It includes a 10-foot roll of plastic, three quart bags, two gallon bags, and an accessory hose. A 1-Year FoodSaver warranty is included. Deal ends today. $89 (NEW) AT AMAZON

https://meh.com/

I have, I love.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i have one of these for sous vide purposes also. it's fucking awesome.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Fuck I gotta go out in the rain and get my credit card

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah you do, this is a deal. We Costco it up and then fill the bag with seasonings and marinades and the meat gets frozen in smaller quantities. Then upon defrost they are ready for cooking.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah you do, this is a deal. We Costco it up and then fill the bag with seasonings and marinades and the meat gets frozen in smaller quantities. Then upon defrost they are ready for cooking.
for me, i just toss the frozen bag right into the sous vide... last night had a ribeye this way then seared it in the broiler. sofuckinggood

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
for me, i just toss the frozen bag right into the sous vide... last night had a ribeye this way then seared it in the broiler. sofuckinggood
I still need to make that purchase, soon!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
I still have [MENTION=391]jbigalow[/MENTION] 's unit. haven't used it in a while tho

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
how do you fill it with marinades and still get a good seal? Mine pulls the fluid into the sealing area and then doesn't necessarily seal if there is too much fluid, is there some kind of technique? or do you just use a very small amount of marinade?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
+1 on having one of these.

When the air is removed from the bag, food lasts much longer in the freezer without getting "freezer burn and freezer taste".

We do the same thing as mentioned above. We buy in bulk from Sam's and then split up the meat into meal size portions. It gets sealed, goes into the freezer and can be used for months.

BTW, you can use any bags that fit with most of these machines. You don't need to buy the more expensive manufacturer rolls/bags.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
how do you fill it with marinades and still get a good seal? Mine pulls the fluid into the sealing area and then doesn't necessarily seal if there is too much fluid, is there some kind of technique? or do you just use a very small amount of marinade?
Use gravity to keep the marinade in the bottom of the bag, suck the air out and just as the air is pulled out and the marinade starts to get sucked out you manually seal... After doing 2 or 3 you will get the sweet spot!

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
yeah i haven't seen the vacuum sealer be able to work all too well with marinades personally, and i've tried everything.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Reaction score
Use gravity to keep the marinade in the bottom of the bag, suck the air out and just as the air is pulled out and the marinade starts to get sucked out you manually seal... After doing 2 or 3 you will get the sweet spot!
Mine has a dry or moist setting. I like to keep it moist. :hsugh:

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
fwiw i do subscribe and save for a roll of the bags also.... cheapest way ive found

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I bought a box of them at Costco, was $40, but was 5 rolls (4 11 inch, 1 8 inch), and 36 quart bags.
That is where I get my bags too.

Costco also sells a 150 dollar sealer that sucks and fucks you too.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
^ Yes. The reviews on the $150 sealer are crap. That's why I bought the Nesco for less than half that.

Hard to argue with the price on this Food Saver model, though. $22 is ridiculously cheap and most of the refurbs are probably because people couldn't figure out how to operate a food sealer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom