Emanuel Design Rear Sway Bar
034 Dog-bone Mount Inserts
Shop DAP Wheel Spacers
VW Motorsport Wheels
Yokohama Advan V601

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

OP:
After stressing over what to buy for the last few weeks I’ve finally made a decision and I’m happy with it.

Picked up a 2018 GTI SE w/ DSG & leather interior. Was the last 2018 GTI sitting on the lot at Emich VW in Denver and was heavily discounted.

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I’ve been looking into getting a used Accessport/EQT tune. Sounds like the ECU tunes are all compatible as long as it’s a 2015-2018 but a lot of them have the god awful burble tunes. The DSG tunes are hit or miss with being compatible but if it’s unlocked that saves $400 and I’d just have to spend $175 on a new DSG tune.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I’ve been looking into getting a used Accessport/EQT tune. Sounds like the ECU tunes are all compatible as long as it’s a 2015-2018 but a lot of them have the god awful burble tunes. The DSG tunes are hit or miss with being compatible but if it’s unlocked that saves $400 and I’d just have to spend $175 on a new DSG tune.
Am I boy ricer for life in that I love the burble tunes?

I’m waiting for pricing and reviews on both the Corolla GR and new Civic Type R to come out, if neither works out then burble tuned life for me!

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Am I boy ricer for life in that I love the burble tunes?

I’m waiting for pricing and reviews on both the Corolla GR and new Civic Type R to come out, if neither works out then burble tuned life for me!
I made sure they didn’t add the burble tune on mine. However, if I had a GTI/Golf R, burble me baby.

Reactions: blue-sun

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Engine bay was disgustingly dirty so gave it a nice cleaning. Could have been easier/better with an actual degreaser but I just used Adam’s car shampoo on a brush with water and happy with the results.

DE5DD5AC-B412-4F01-807F-7B62ECC65633.jpeg

Also installed the IE turbo inlet elbow, think I can feel a little more but who knows. Took me longer to fish out the hose clamp I dropped than it did to remove and install lol.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
EMD springs ordered. Not sure I’ll do them before we drive back for Christmas. Want that ride to be as comfortable as possible.

Ordered all the goods from FCP euro to do the trans and diff service.

Still need to order tires. Hoping Costco gets the CrossClimate2s in this week or next. If not I’ll spend the extra $100 for discount tire to do it.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Ok who can school me on OBD Eleven? There’s like 6 options on Amazon. Thinking about getting one for DSG service and headlight recalibration after lowering. Plus whatever little cool features I can do with it.

Mook Mook DanJ DanJ Jimy Bilmo Dr. Jimbo
Find the OBD11 thread on VWVortex and go hammmm. Also, I just used the headlight adjuster to raise my lights up, worked perfectly fine.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Picked up an OBDeleven.

Coded the car to allow me to start it, get out, and then lock the doors with the FOB. Handy now that I'm on 2nd shift and it's cold as fuck when I leave work. Can now go out, start it up and come back in without worrying about someone stealing it or going through it.

Also adjusted the convenient turn signal to flash 5 times instead of 3 so I can properly indicate a lane change.

Those I changed in adaptations so I didn't have to drop money on credits.

Will figure out the roll windows up and down with the key fob. Not really needed till it gets warm out though.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
May have to do that one.
Coding might be different on your mk7. I used the process mentioned in the last post of this thread. The first posts would likely be your route of coding it.

Thread Info