Emanuel Design Rear Sway Bar
034 Dog-bone Mount Inserts
Shop DAP Wheel Spacers
VW Motorsport Wheels
Yokohama Advan V601

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

OP:
After stressing over what to buy for the last few weeks I’ve finally made a decision and I’m happy with it.

Picked up a 2018 GTI SE w/ DSG & leather interior. Was the last 2018 GTI sitting on the lot at Emich VW in Denver and was heavily discounted.

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Your thermostat/water pump housing is leaking. You know it, the dealer knows it but if it’s not bad enough they don’t want to fix it for whatever reason. I bitched about it for two service visits and then the third one had a different service writer who didn’t put up a fight and just replaced it for me.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Your thermostat/water pump housing is leaking. You know it, the dealer knows it but if it’s not bad enough they don’t want to fix it for whatever reason. I bitched about it for two service visits and then the third one had a different service writer who didn’t put up a fight and just replaced it for me.
I think I’ll try calling VWofA.

No burning coolant since you’ve had it replaced?

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
1000 mile trip from Colorado to Libertyville went smooth as fuck with this thing. Never got uncomfortable and the giant door pockets come in handy for storing a yeti tumbler and a few cans of monster lol.

Fuel mileage was less than I expected coming in with an average of 31.5 MPG. That was mostly cruising at 80-85 mph with a few sprints to 110.

Traveling with a 7 month old though… that added an extra 4 hours or so onto the trip ?

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
We traveled with ours when he was like a month and a half which in hindsight was a huge mistake. They start getting pissed off you have no choice but to pull over.
We split the trip into two days. First leg from home to Lincoln Nebraska was easy as we took off around 5pm and she was out by 6pm.
Took off around 10am today and it was a struggle the whole way. Finally got here at 8:30pm.

Reactions: DanJ

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
when the twins were 4-5, we went to Nashville to visit my mom on the way to Disney in Florida, and we left at 5-6PM and they quickly fell asleep as we drove overnight. did that drive a couple of times, always leaving right at dinnertime, makes for tired parents, but kids tend to sleep at night and there's generally less traffic overnight to deal with too.

Reactions: RedBeard and DanJ

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
+35 8” wide I think would work… but may be a bit aggressive. My Konigs are 18x8.5 et 43 and they fit perfect with a bit of wiggle room. Take that knowledge and plug it into www.willtheyfit.com and be governed accordingly. From my rough entrance not knowing what size tires you plan on the wheels will fit, it depends on the tires.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
+35 8” wide I think would work… but may be a bit aggressive. My Konigs are 18x8.5 et 43 and they fit perfect with a bit of wiggle room. Take that knowledge and plug it into www.willtheyfit.com and be governed accordingly. From my rough entrance not knowing what size tires you plan on the wheels will fit, it depends on the tires.
Screenshot (331).png

Thread Info