RedBeard’s 2018 GTI

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I can hook it up on h&r springs.
I was trying to find some more pics of the H&R OE sport springs. Looks to be about a 3/4” drop just want to find some more pics of people running them.

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my windshield is already super pitted from all the small rock hits but this is the first chip/crack. Have Safelite coming out Friday to repair it, if possible.

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Have been waiting for this day for AWHILE. Car has been leaking coolant since like 4k miles, took it in at 9k and they couldn’t find a leak. Hopeful that it’s leaked enough now for them to fix it. 90% sure it’s the water pump/thermostat housing.

Called to setup an appointment and the earliest they can get me in is Sept 15th?? Seems crazy they would be that backlogged.

F361DEEC-2875-4EFF-BC3C-191C7431769E.jpeg

C9E1F61D-CC8D-4177-911E-13865C14108C.jpeg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
That thing is emptier than whatever lake is empty on the west coast. Jesus :rofl:

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
That thing is emptier than whatever lake is empty on the west coast. Jesus :rofl:
Yeah, guess I’ll just add water since the dealer service department is only open M-F 7:30-4pm and they won’t take the car for another 3 weeks.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, guess I’ll just add water since the dealer service department is only open M-F 7:30-4pm and they won’t take the car for another 3 weeks.
I scheduled an oil change for mine yesterday online, I had to go through 4 dealers before I found one with availability next week.

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Did an oil change and cleaned my air filter and now getting a P2279 Intake Air System Leak.

Double checked the oil filter housing and fill cap are tight, and all the lines to the air box look good/tight. I’m wondering if since the filter is clean now that it’s flowing more air and it just needs a few drives to adapt?

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Seems to be fairly common issue based off of searching the code on some FB groups. No real fix ever mentioned though seems to be oil change related most the time.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
What about the classic unplug the battery, step on the brake pedal and wait 10 mins trick? It's like the Control Alt Delete of cars!

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I cleared the code and it came back after a 5 min drive. Just pulled the oil cap, wiped it clean and ensured it was tight, cleared the code again and will see if it comes back when I go out for lunch.

Looking at the oil cap on FCP it appears it’s on revision C and my cap is revision A.

If it stays around I’ll pull the IE intake off and return to stock and then bring the issue up when I take the car in on the 15th for the coolant leak.

OP
RedBeard

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
This Integrated Engineering CAI is absolute dog shit. I see they changed the design on the current offering but the Gen 1 intake knocks on start up and rattles whenever the A/C is on and I’m idling.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Ive had my IE intake since like 17? Flawless usage so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom