Emanuel Design Rear Sway Bar
034 Dog-bone Mount Inserts
Shop DAP Wheel Spacers
VW Motorsport Wheels
Yokohama Advan V601

IMG_0866.jpeg

IMG_0851.jpeg

OP:
After stressing over what to buy for the last few weeks I’ve finally made a decision and I’m happy with it.

Picked up a 2018 GTI SE w/ DSG & leather interior. Was the last 2018 GTI sitting on the lot at Emich VW in Denver and was heavily discounted.

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
The DTR is a little laggy to begin with. I can also launch my car from a red light and get no tire spin in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm curious to see how much boost is allowed in the first two gears, because I was roasting tires with the IS20 (and apparently APR stage 1 tune I found out later)

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
From what I've read it's only slightly bigger than an IS38. I imagine a lot of it is in the tune itself. Probably pretty conservative since they say it's designed for emissions compliance.

I will say though that I still haven't been able to actually rip on it and see what it's capable of. Can't wait to get a clutch in...and then have the AWD map loaded.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
The DTR is a little laggy to begin with. I can also launch my car from a red light and get no tire spin in 1st and 2nd gear. I'm curious to see how much boost is allowed in the first two gears, because I was roasting tires with the IS20 (and apparently APR stage 1 tune I found out later)
I have a log recorded that has that. I’ll try and find it.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Yeah with ESC coded off the car is wayyyyy more lively in 1st and 2nd. Crazy I didn’t realize it was traction control this whole time that had it hooking up in 1st and 2nd gear. It hardly ever flashes and never flashes when I had it in ESC Sport.

I was able to peddle it on this pull. Don’t think I went full throttle in first and was easy into the 1-2 shift.

IMG_3361.jpeg

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
The shifting sounds super lazy.
The video of me just spinning 1st through 3rd I think is that way because I shifted to 3rd too early so it really dropped RPM and also think it shifted to 4th half a second later as well. I was playing around with sport mode vs manual mode so that might be why it did that.

The 1/4 mile run the shifting is a little more crisp but it’s not crazy snappy/firm. I imagine APR isn’t the fastest shifting tune out there though.

The video of me just spinning 1st through 3rd I think is that way because I shifted to 3rd too early so it really dropped RPM and also think it shifted to 4th half a second later as well. I was playing around with sport mode vs manual mode so that might be why it did that.

The 1/4 mile run the shifting is a little more crisp but it’s not crazy snappy/firm. I imagine APR isn’t the fastest shifting tune out there though.
You will not hook up in that thing until you stiffen entire chassis and get a tire.

Reactions: RedBeard

Thread Info