Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2

OP
Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I also just read through all entries in Arthur's journal up to this point, something I never did in the first play through. I'm going to definitely keep doing that this go around. Really adds a ton to Arthur and some of the other members of the gang.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thats just insane :LOL:

I played thru the first chapter, up thru the train robbery and when you make your way down the mountain to your new camp. I'm running everything pretty much on ultra settings w/ DLSS and my monitors ELMB sync on (and the newest nvidia driver (which just came out today, specifically for RDR2) and everything seems to be running buttery smooth. In normal situations i seem to be hitting an average 80fps, cutscenes jump up to 100-120, and in some more intensive situations it looks like its gone as low as high 50's briefly. Overall given my not-top-of-the-line equipment I'm quite pleased. Running it at my monitors 2560x1440 max setting. No point in trying to run any higher than that. I was messing w/ the HDR last night and it just wasnt looking right, and upon more research today, it seems my monitor (and most non-high end monitors) only runs HDR 400 (or 600), which isnt really TRUE hdr. HDR 1000 is where you wanna be, but these lower rated ones just cant push out the NITS to actually make it look good. Sadly it's just more a marketing gimmick than an actual feature. But oh well, if I want hdr that's why I own a large expensive television. It is still a good monitor and the game still looks damn good regardless. It's not melting my CPU either! Which is, you know, nice.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I need to get back in the groove here. First thing I did when I left camp for the first time was shoot 2 loudmouth peckerhead o'driscols in plain sight and then had to scramble to hide the bodies in the bushes before some approaching passerbys saw what I was doing :ROFLMAO:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom