Gaming Red Dead Redemption 2

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Thats just insane :LOL:

I played thru the first chapter, up thru the train robbery and when you make your way down the mountain to your new camp. I'm running everything pretty much on ultra settings w/ DLSS and my monitors ELMB sync on (and the newest nvidia driver (which just came out today, specifically for RDR2) and everything seems to be running buttery smooth. In normal situations i seem to be hitting an average 80fps, cutscenes jump up to 100-120, and in some more intensive situations it looks like its gone as low as high 50's briefly. Overall given my not-top-of-the-line equipment I'm quite pleased. Running it at my monitors 2560x1440 max setting. No point in trying to run any higher than that. I was messing w/ the HDR last night and it just wasnt looking right, and upon more research today, it seems my monitor (and most non-high end monitors) only runs HDR 400 (or 600), which isnt really TRUE hdr. HDR 1000 is where you wanna be, but these lower rated ones just cant push out the NITS to actually make it look good. Sadly it's just more a marketing gimmick than an actual feature. But oh well, if I want hdr that's why I own a large expensive television. It is still a good monitor and the game still looks damn good regardless. It's not melting my CPU either! Which is, you know, nice.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Been a while, I'm goin in

20230211_114028.jpg

Reactions: IDAFC21

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
While I always love clips of the game, I just struggle to get into it. Every year I say I'm going to try, and I just don't. It seems right up my ally since I like those open world environments. I just get lost sometimes on what I should be doing, if I don't have a yellow arrow saying 'go here', I give up after a short while.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I played last night for 2 hours. I also struggle. It's so big, it's mostly forest and riding on horse entire time. Yes I did catch a few things, usually by the shores, there's almost always something going around by water. All the industrial areas are just scenery. I guess for me alot of games involves cars and random things to drive.

This game is so cumbersome.

Thread Info