Recommended shops for trans repair / rebuild

zguy

Reaction score
Hello. I have 01 Grand Prix GTP. I started having trans issues the other day. Any recommended shops in the Chicagoland / Northwest Suburbs area?

The car is in Des Plaines now. I would really like to go to a place or person that will do a good and give an honest price.

Appreciate the help!

zguy

Reaction score
Thanks, I called them already. Definitely a good option but unfortunately my car is not drivable. Getting my car towed to Indiana is not feasible. I have not found any shops that want to just do a swap. The few that I found want a lot for labor which does not make that option feasible either.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
no way to dolly it to indiana?

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Atomic Trans in Lombard has done good work for me in the past for reasonable money if you just need a basic R&R.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
I do not know anyone in the Chicago area. I was also going to recommend triple edge

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
trans shipped from Tripleedge have local shop or pay someone on this site to put in the triple edge rebuilt.

Im sure that would be most reliable most reputable and most cost effective.

hell if i lived local id drop a trans and stuff a new one in less than a weekend for steak and beer dinner lol ive done enough its really not that hard to do.

Lots and lots of people on this site could drop and replace a trans in a w body with 1 arm and blind folded lol. seriously its pretty simple.

just my 2 cents buy a rebuilt trans from Triple edge find a local installer or pay someone here

:io:

Last edited:

SleeperLS

Desert Racer
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hello. I have 01 Grand Prix GTP. I started having trans issues the other day. Any recommended shops in the Chicagoland / Northwest Suburbs area?

The car is in Des Plaines now. I would really like to go to a place or person that will do a good and give an honest price.

Appreciate the help!
What are the goals/outcome you want from this? You just want a junkyard trans swapped in, or a rebuilt stock trans dropped in, or are you wanting to go with a built transmission?

HeavyG

Reaction score
my guy in Bridgeport can do the swap for around $5 bills

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom