Recommended Performance Shops in the western burbs

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Per my other thread; I bought a Clutch for the Mustang.

I honestly simply don't want to do the swap myself (I have too many other automotive projects actively in progress, and its not something I want to waste a weekend on and potentially fuck up) and I don't trust a dealer as I have aftermarket parts (Exedy Mach 500 stage 3).

Looking for a recommended/trusted shop in the area where I won't get straight taken to town (I'm not expecting cheap, but I'm not expecting to hear $1000 in labor either given its like 4 hours in book time).

I also have a new H-Pipe to go on the car (the old one has to come off to drop the Trans), so ideally I'd have them take care of that as well given its part of the R+R.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Brandon at Geared Up Motorsports in New Lenox has always been great to work with.

I've also had work done at a place in Bolingbrook called Autotech and Trans near the corner of 53 and Boughton. The owner is a Mustang fanatic and they work on a good mix of old school muscle cars, along with repairs on modern cars. They have a good transmission guy too. They've rebuilt two transmissions for me as well as helped me out when I rounded off the passenger side header collector nut on the Boss.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Brandon at Geared Up Motorsports in New Lenox has always been great to work with.

I've also had work done at a place in Bolingbrook called Autotech and Trans near the corner of 53 and Boughton. The owner is a Mustang fanatic and they work on a good mix of old school muscle cars, along with repairs on modern cars. They have a good transmission guy too. They've rebuilt two transmissions for me as well as helped me out when I rounded off the passenger side header collector nut on the Boss.

Years ago this place installed the torque converter and trans cooler on my LS1 Formula. Most any decent trans shop can install things just fine. I wouldn't pay a premium to have a "performance" shop do the work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info