Recommended Performance Shops in the western burbs

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
Per my other thread; I bought a Clutch for the Mustang.

I honestly simply don't want to do the swap myself (I have too many other automotive projects actively in progress, and its not something I want to waste a weekend on and potentially fuck up) and I don't trust a dealer as I have aftermarket parts (Exedy Mach 500 stage 3).

Looking for a recommended/trusted shop in the area where I won't get straight taken to town (I'm not expecting cheap, but I'm not expecting to hear $1000 in labor either given its like 4 hours in book time).

I also have a new H-Pipe to go on the car (the old one has to come off to drop the Trans), so ideally I'd have them take care of that as well given its part of the R+R.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Another +1 for Drew, if he is still taking on new customers. I don't know what his situation is right now though.

OP
Dasfinc

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
I realized Dyno Tune MP (Mike Post) Does this kind of work after making the thread.

I spoke with him and got a ~$600 quote on the labor, which I'm going to move forward on unless anyone has any reason not to?

dom418

Reaction score
See Hans at Deans Performance in Saint Charles

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Brandon at Geared Up Motorsports in New Lenox has always been great to work with.

I've also had work done at a place in Bolingbrook called Autotech and Trans near the corner of 53 and Boughton. The owner is a Mustang fanatic and they work on a good mix of old school muscle cars, along with repairs on modern cars. They have a good transmission guy too. They've rebuilt two transmissions for me as well as helped me out when I rounded off the passenger side header collector nut on the Boss.

Dan00Hawk

Reaction score
Brandon at Geared Up Motorsports in New Lenox has always been great to work with.

I've also had work done at a place in Bolingbrook called Autotech and Trans near the corner of 53 and Boughton. The owner is a Mustang fanatic and they work on a good mix of old school muscle cars, along with repairs on modern cars. They have a good transmission guy too. They've rebuilt two transmissions for me as well as helped me out when I rounded off the passenger side header collector nut on the Boss.
Years ago this place installed the torque converter and trans cooler on my LS1 Formula. Most any decent trans shop can install things just fine. I wouldn't pay a premium to have a "performance" shop do the work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom