Recommended Brands for Brake Pads/Rotors

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
With 95k on the clock, my Outlander Sport is in need of new pads and rotors (and shims, according to the dealer). In the past I've used either advanced or autozone, I don't recall which, that came with I think a lifetime warranty. I remember being satisfied with the parts at the time, and have no problem going that route again.

Overall, just looking for a quality, but basic/simple brand.

Also, is Rock Auto no longer a sponsor/vendor here?

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I really like Raybestos EHT pads. They are a ceramic / semi metallic hybrid. They are nice and quiet with good initial bite. I haven't noticed any brake fade issues on my daily driver either.

I've used these pads on my past two daily drivers, my GF's car, and my parents cars. All have said they are quiet. I've had issues with Duralast Gold ceramics being noisy.

For rotors, I try to get a known name brand. Usually Centric or Raybestos. I don't bother with drilled and slotted stuff. Cheap OEM replacements work fine.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I like Raybestos or OEM usually. The OEM pads I got have been throwing WAY too much dust since I put them on a few months back, so I may be trading them out. Always heard good things about NAPA Gold stuff, never tried it. Always go to Rockauto or Amazon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info