Recommended Brands for Brake Pads/Rotors

Burtonrider10022

Reaction score
With 95k on the clock, my Outlander Sport is in need of new pads and rotors (and shims, according to the dealer). In the past I've used either advanced or autozone, I don't recall which, that came with I think a lifetime warranty. I remember being satisfied with the parts at the time, and have no problem going that route again.

Overall, just looking for a quality, but basic/simple brand.

Also, is Rock Auto no longer a sponsor/vendor here?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just use the 30-35 percent off coupon that advanced has all the time and get their good stuff

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
This is the single thing in life that gives me anxiety. There's like 400,000 choices. Well maybe not for that thing.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's good. I know some things are more unique to the sport and harder to find. I feel like the guy at work had issues finding struts for his? Got totaled out during our hail so it's gone now.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
I really like Raybestos EHT pads. They are a ceramic / semi metallic hybrid. They are nice and quiet with good initial bite. I haven't noticed any brake fade issues on my daily driver either.

I've used these pads on my past two daily drivers, my GF's car, and my parents cars. All have said they are quiet. I've had issues with Duralast Gold ceramics being noisy.

For rotors, I try to get a known name brand. Usually Centric or Raybestos. I don't bother with drilled and slotted stuff. Cheap OEM replacements work fine.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
And sometimes those kits from powerstop are far cheaper than buying things separate.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just wish they'd get off the gimmick of cheap drilled rotors on DD duty that crack and fuck shit up. Gimmy slotted and call it a day.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I just do blanks, because that's what I shoot

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I like Raybestos or OEM usually. The OEM pads I got have been throwing WAY too much dust since I put them on a few months back, so I may be trading them out. Always heard good things about NAPA Gold stuff, never tried it. Always go to Rockauto or Amazon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom