• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Recommendation for Touch Up Joint

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I had a scratch pen that worked pretty good on the G8. But after I took it to a body shop, they were able to buff it so well that you couldn't even tell where the scratch was. The pen by itself hid the 'whiteness' of the scratch, but you could still see where it was fixed. But the body shop just went a little further with the buffing.

BTW, anyone with a Stryker Blue G8 is welcome to have the rest of it for the freeness.

I'm also interested in having some stuff fixed on the Mustang, light scratches. I'll see how your experience goes.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I had a scratch pen that worked pretty good on the G8. But after I took it to a body shop, they were able to buff it so well that you couldn't even tell where the scratch was. The pen by itself hid the 'whiteness' of the scratch, but you could still see where it was fixed. But the body shop just went a little further with the buffing.

BTW, anyone with a Stryker Blue G8 is welcome to have the rest of it for the freeness.

I'm also interested in having some stuff fixed on the Mustang, light scratches. I'll see how your experience goes.

if you're going to be keeping it, there are different ways to have stuff like this repaired.

what [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] is looking for, imo, should be some shop to "airbrush" aka, just spray paint right onto the bumper, while it's on the car, without removing anything, only taping off portions, and not clear-wrapping.

what you'd be looking for, is for a shop to remove the bumper, repair the issue, and then clear wrap (cover the entire part) with clear coat.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Thanks for the input guys. This is a Lexus SUV.
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] is on the right track, not looking to have full panels resprayed.

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info